Vs Chesterfield (H) Match Thread

3 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Maybe because we are a team in a transitional phase? 

The club hasn't come out and said "this is our plan and we're going to play in formation x.....". That would tell the oppo what we're doing. I see it as a stage in the evolution. One that will take time. What is PW planning for the majority of this season? We don't know as he hasn't told us or the oppo what it is, for obvious reasons. We'll be able to tell more once the window has closed and we see how things play out over a number of games. At this moment, not even PW knows what that will be as he doesn't yet know which players the club will be successful in signing and for which position. He only knows which ones he wants. What he does once the window closes will be dictated by which players the recruitment team have been able to entice to DCFC. He might want a, b and c in but end up with c, d and e. Probably good players in their own right but not in his preferred role which would see him amending the plan he hasn't publicised and won't publicise.

IMO, you, and most other posters, are intelligent enough to be able to come to the above without expecting "War and Peace" length posts covering each and every feasible angle. 

I believe we all know that it's a multi year plan. I believe we all know we won't get told what will happen or when as the right player might not be available so you strengthen a different area now and go for your first choice again in January or next summer. Dissecting posts in a literal fashion and requesting detail when you know nobody knows that detail, especially when you know what was meant in the first place is annoying.

I appreciate the lengthy reply, but it didnt really answer the question. 

How long does a 'transitional phase' last ? because we've had 2 years of warne now and gone through a lot of different players. The one thing thats remained the same throughout is the football ,tactically has been extremely poor. 

i'm not expecting the club to come out and say this is how we're going to play, and nor should any club, as that would be stupid. However, we don't need clubs telling us what they do to see how they play tactically. 

What do you mean by 'a stage in the evolution'?  Nothing has changed tactically over the last 2 years.

You saying 'PW doesnt yet know how to set up as he doesn't know which players the club will sign'  This is a huge part of the problem. Yeah, he might want player a and player b, but end up with player c and player d, but why should that define how Derby County play football. Warne has no clear identity as a manager and therefore the recruitment team don't know what to get. Saying 'he'll figure it out when the window closes' is ridiculous in my opinion. What was the point of the start of the season and all of pre-season if he doesnt know what he's doing until 1st september?

I'm not trying to be annoying, i'm trying to get peoples opinions on how we play football. So far nobody has been able to answer what Warne is doing, which i find bizarre and very concerning.

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I appreciate the lengthy reply, but it didnt really answer the question. 

How long does a 'transitional phase' last ? because we've had 2 years of warne now and gone through a lot of different players. The one thing thats remained the same throughout is the football ,tactically has been extremely poor.

How can a "tactically extremely poor" team/manager gain automatic promotion? Seriously.

I'm not saying the football has been great, and Warne certainly has his faults, but Derby got 92 points last season, +41 goal difference. The style might not be to your taste but it has categorically been effective. We'll see if that continues in the Championship.

As for transition, Rosenior signed 10 free agents on 2 year contracts, 6 have gone already. Warne signed a few on short deals, just to get us out of League One. We still have 10 + 2 loanees who could all be gone next summer, and the club don't have the money to get 1st-choice targets in, so turnover is going to continue to be high. That's why the transition is still ongoing.

22 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

How can a "tactically extremely poor" team/manager gain automatic promotion? Seriously.

In a world where Phil Brown and Aidy Boothroyd have got teams promoted to (and in Browns case surviving in) the Premier League, anything's possible!

Edited by May Contain Nuts

Tactics 🤔, warnes lack of them 😂,,, people employ tactics to get results , that’s what they are for , warne has got results hence we are back in the championship,

transition ?? , all clubs are in transition all the time , that’s how football is 

44 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

As for transition, Rosenior signed 10 free agents on 2 year contracts, 6 have gone already. Warne signed a few on short deals, just to get us out of League One. We still have 10 + 2 loanees who could all be gone next summer, and the club don't have the money to get 1st-choice targets in, so turnover is going to continue to be high. That's why the transition is still ongoing.

but their happy to spend 1.9m on Adams and Kenzo so far, and another 1.4m on a new GK...

56 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

well if your the biggest club amongst 23 others and happen to have a squad of players that are superior to the other 23 and have the biggest wage budget with the best training facilities and biggest fanbase... quite easily. 

4 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

but their happy to spend 1.9m on Adams and Kenzo so far, and another 1.4m on a new GK...

Yes they are. Three players who are among the first clutch of long-term signings since 20/21.

I don't really follow what point you're trying to make. Signing these players means the 'transition' is over? Again, we have potentially 12 players leaving for nothing next June. All squads are in transition, yes, but that extreme situation is not the norm for a stable club.

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Happy Episode 2 GIF by America's Got Talent

which are?

Decided on a game to game basis as far as I can see depending on the strengths and weaknesses of who we are facing , wasn’t rosenior brought in for that very role to help cocu analyse upcoming opponent s , arnt clubs spending a fortune on people to do this for them , don’t managers go and watch upcoming opponents if they can or watch videos of they’re games ? 
didn’t take you long 😂😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

I'm not trying to be annoying, i'm trying to get peoples opinions on how we play football. So far nobody has been able to answer what Warne is doing, which i find bizarre and very concerning

You said the footballs been the same for 2 years so surely you know how we play

12 minutes ago, Archied said:

Decided on a game to game basis as far as I can see depending on the strengths and weaknesses of who we are facing , wasn’t rosenior brought in for that very role to help cocu analyse upcoming opponent s , arnt clubs spending a fortune on people to do this for them , don’t managers go and watch upcoming opponents if they can or watch videos of they’re games ? 

Ryan Reynolds Deadpool GIF

15 minutes ago, Archied said:

yes. they analyse opponents and then tweak their tactics slightly to help. For example, like maybe playing a taller full back against a good set piece team. They certainly don't revolve their entire team set up around it.

31 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

the clue was in the part that said "i'm trying to get peoples opinions on it"

But everyone knows how we play it’s no secret and pretty much everyone agrees it isn’t always good to watch 

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

yes. they analyse opponents and then tweak their tactics slightly to help. For example, like maybe playing a taller full back against a good set piece team. They certainly don't revolve their entire team set up around it.

Jeez ,, if only we could get rid of warne and get you in we would be in football nirvana,,,,,, oops mistake as I bet you fully believe you could do a better job😂😂

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

Jeez ,, if only we could get rid of warne and get you in we would be in football nirvana,,,,,, oops mistake as I bet you fully believe you could do a better job😂😂

🤣🤣🤣still no answer then