Kenton Richardson

Carnero

Joined Sunderalnd in 2020, and spent a couple of months on loan to Notts County before being released in 2022. I would have expected. Mostly played at RB until he joined Gateshead, with most of last season at RCB. We'll have no doubt seen him due to Brown's games up there.

For National League standards, he good on the ball with both dribbling and passing out from the back. However, he doesn't appear to be particulary strong in the air or good in 1 on 1 scenarios. I can't see him getting in at RCB ahead of Nelson, Nyambe, or Rooney. He's also not young enough to be a development option.

Overall it seems unlikely we're in for him.

20 or 21 and I'd say it's a low risk help for the academy with a shot at the first team. 

I don't mean this to write him off - but at 25 will he be better than Jake Rooney who's currently that CB understudy? 

Feels like a lazy link - a Derby scout was there to watch Brown and that's been translated into interest in Gateshead players.

Edited by Animal is a Ram

2 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Sounds like there are parallels with Jake Buxton.  “Can’t possibly make the step up from the conference…”

Buxton joined us at 24, but he already had 4 full seasons in League 2 (and 11 games for Mansfield in League 1) and just won the National League with Burton and won their Player of the Season.

Richardson made 11 appearancesin L2 for a relegated Hartlepool side back in 16/17 and has so far failed to return to that level. He's only managed 1 full season (at National League level), missing 2 long spells due to injury in his first season at Gateshead.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Buxton joined us at 24, but he already had 4 full seasons in League 2 (and 11 games for Mansfield in League 1) and just won the National League with Burton and won their Player of the Season.

Richardson made 11 appearancesin L2 for a relegated Hartlepool side back in 16/17 and has so far failed to return to that level. He's only managed 1 full season (at National League level), missing 2 long spells due to injury in his first season at Gateshead.

Sooo, let me get this right in my head.... you're basically saying he's ****.