Preseason training

6 minutes ago, rams_1233 said:

I've seem someone on twitter suggest nigel longwijk who was on loan at Wycombe last year 

That's a very good shout. A year left to run on his current deal at Wolves and doesn't seem to be in their plans at all.

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Well that was a fun hour. Stepien-Iwumene looks tall, be interesting to see how close he is to the first team

Well besides Robinson, Brown, and the young keepers, I couldn't see any other academy players in that video.

Maybe he's a lot closer to the first team than we thought.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, O'hare is the goat said:

I reckon it's Alex Stepien-Iwumene from the academy. I'd love it if it was Lonwijk though!

Technically a summer signing (which hasn't been announced yet). He was on some sort of youth loan/trial for the last couple months of the season, having been known to our youth staff from their time at Southampton. Only just turned 19 in April.

He'll only be playing for the U21s this season as he isn't ready for Championship football. I would say DRobinson is a better player currently, and I think Hawkins has more potenital from the U21 squad. However, I also expect DRobinson to be loaned out, leaving the U21s light on bodies.

He'll play every game for the U21s alongside Hawkins. With the lack of CM options in our first team at the moment, he'll have been one of a couple to have been included in training to make up the numbers (but with a chance to impress the first team staff)

Edited by Ghost of Clough