AJ Doyle (Celtic academy player)

I know nothing about this lad, but I’m so starved of juicy transfer news, I’m convincing myself that this guy is going to be the next big thing to come out of our academy and that Celtic fans will be berating themselves for letting another one ‘slip through their net’ when we sell him to Real Madrid in 3 years time for €75 million - After being Championship player of the season and guiding us to the Premier league 💪😎

So get this guy signed!!!

6 hours ago, Birdyabroad said:

I know nothing about this lad, but I’m so starved of juicy transfer news, I’m convincing myself that this guy is going to be the next big thing to come out of our academy and that Celtic fans will be berating themselves for letting another one ‘slip through their net’ when we sell him to Real Madrid in 3 years time for €75 million - After being Championship player of the season and guiding us to the Premier league 💪😎

So get this guy signed!!!

Don't use up all your excitement yet, We're still yet to be linked with the annual Lukas Jutkiewicz or Billy Sharp!

Know nothing about this kid but very happy to hear this. One of my concerns when PW became manager was that there would be less focus on the Academy and youth development in general (especially when Wassall left the club). This does not seem to have been the case at all.

If this comes to fruition, I really will be quite pleased. Not because I know a deal about the lad, but because it demonstrates that we are in a position once more where it's not our academy betting stripped, but it is competitive and attractive as a 'finishing school' for talent at some decent sized clubs as well as bringing through players from the Juniors.

22 hours ago, Allen said:

Know nothing about this kid but very happy to hear this. One of my concerns when PW became manager was that there would be less focus on the Academy and youth development in general (especially when Wassall left the club). This does not seem to have been the case at all.

I don’t think Clowes would allow any manager to ignore the academy given the significant investment it takes to maintain 1 status. 

I think he recognises that administration gutted the academy but in 18 months I suspect there’ll be real pressure on whoever the manager is to create a clear pathway to the first team as that’ll have given us 3.5 years to recover since admin and we can clearly see there’s som promise in the lower age categories now. 

18 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I don’t think Clowes would allow any manager to ignore the academy given the significant investment it takes to maintain 1 status. 

I think he recognises that administration gutted the academy but in 18 months I suspect there’ll be real pressure on whoever the manager is to create a clear pathway to the first team as that’ll have given us 3.5 years to recover since admin and we can clearly see there’s som promise in the lower age categories now. 

Not to mention it’s one of the clearest ways to huge profit.