Jamal Lowe

5 minutes ago, O'hare is the goat said:

The 72 has us linked with him

29 years old

Free agent in the summer

At Swansea on Loan from Bournemouth

12 G+A this season in 36 appearances

https://the72.co.uk/2024/04/30/ipswich-town-derby-county-and-portsmouth-target-versatile-12-goal-assist-forward/

Sounds like nonsense to me. Can't see how we can possibly afford anyone that age on Premier League money.

Old Derby, yes. This Derby, no.

Just now, therealhantsram said:

Sounds like nonsense to me. Can't see how we can possibly afford anyone that age on Premier League money.

Old Derby, yes. This Derby, no.

I agree. Hope this is all false. Warne did say we'll be going for younger and more athletic players. At 29 he doesn't really fit this description. Looks a decent player though

Think Warne will be targeting 22-28 primarily. This guy will be 30 before the new season. Now whilst that isn't over the hill necessarily, I can't see us signing many the wrong side of 30.

Good player, predominantly a Championship performer - only played two games in the Premier League in his entire career. He's spent a lot of it at non-league level too. I've always considered him a hard-working winger, someone who is always willing to commit players and put full-backs on their back foot. 

There will be a number of teams in for him. I think he's well liked at Swansea too, so would imagine they're one of them. 

i think this is one we could possibly get away with. coming to the arse end of his career. Him mendez laing and cbt/barks or a new winger on the other side would be excellent. alternatively he can play on the wing so if we pop him on the left we could get a big unit cf for him and mendez laing to play off haha 🤣

image.png.ed542bf7ae7f16aa939e9d52688bcfcc.png

Paul Warne has expressed on numerous occasions he wants more pace and athletism. Does Jamal tick these boxes?

A versatile foward sounds good on paper at least.

29 is no age really. 2 year deal and you still aren't stuck with a player in the years where they quickly decline. 

People more in the know than I say he is quite an individual rather than team player and despite being relatively effective he is prone to going missing in games. 

Linked to Boro and Norwich among others, so let them pay increased wages as we have CBT anyway. 

Just now, Rample said:

29 is no age really. 2 year deal and you still aren't stuck with a player in the years where they quickly decline. 

People more in the know than I say he is quite an individual rather than team player and despite being relatively effective he is prone to going missing in games. 

Linked to Boro and Norwich among others, so let them pay increased wages as we have CBT anyway. 

He will be 30 this year and on high wages. Not completely against it but doesn't seem like the right time to sign such a player.