Butlins Dolls House.

Day

4 hours ago, Day said:

I won't be the only one looking at these lineups and thinking, that sounds absolutely horrific. Would rather go spend the weekend watching cricket.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 11.03.57.png

mate, that 80s one (20-23 September 2024) will be awesome. I'll be there.

4 hours ago, Day said:

I won't be the only one looking at these lineups and thinking, that sounds absolutely horrific. Would rather go spend the weekend watching cricket.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 11.03.57.png

Kevin & Perry DJ set?! 😭😭

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A bit of a weird mixture.  Put SASH and the DJ SET in the first one and swop out Kenny and Chesney and it might be ok.   I feel a bit sorry for Peter Cox who has a decent voice, how's it got that bad he's sandwiched between Bucks Fizz and Black Lace. A long way from Pretty Woman and Rocky IV soundtracks.

that's not a timetable/order. It's spread over 2/3 venues/halls over 3 nights, usually 3 acts per Venue, per night. They only release the schedule the week before.

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

that's not a timetable/order. It's spread over 2/3 venues/halls over 3 nights, usually 3 acts per Venue, per night. They only release the schedule the week before.

They really going for that slow torture experience then, sounds utterly dreadful 

On 02/05/2024 at 15:36, Mostyn6 said:

mate, that 80s one (20-23 September 2024) will be awesome. I'll be there.

Kym Mazelle is a great singer TBF.

On 30/04/2024 at 17:53, i-Ram said:

This is a very funny thread, although brings back some bad memories of my own.

I took my kids to Butlins Minehead just after I broke up with the first Mrs I-Ram, so 20 years ago. I paid for a ‘Silver’ chalet, as Gold was too expensive. Jesus what a s******* it was. Mouldy shower, terrible dirty paintwork and carpet, and mattresses that when uncovered looked like they might have at some stage been used in an autopsy. It did make me wonder what you got for Bronze, presumably something akin to Alexei Navalny‘s final cell. I did get a discount after much discussion, and me sharing photos with them as to what I was going to send to the press, but we left on day 4 of 7 anyway. After 4 days of a nauseating and annoying young Stephen Mulhern, my ex-wife didn’t seem quite as bad after all.

There’s no pleasing some folk. If you said to me I’m going to Butlins I’d have described everything you have said even though I’ve never been. The missuses kids go every year to the one at Skegness and think it’s great. They even try to outdo each other with the packages they have by trying to save up for the silver package. Last year they only lost one kid for half a day. A great holiday they said.

We did the 80's weekender thing a few years ago and it was great. Yes, it was cheesy & naff, live-music wise but that's sort of the point. Most people in fancy dress and no kids, just having a good time. We'd do it again.

Would hate to go there any other time for a family holiday, though.