Cambridge tickets wanted

sage

37 minutes ago, OoooMarkWright said:

What an afternoon. Great times in the Cambridge end. Loads of us in the corner celebrating at the end. The train home, chuffin brilliant

Up The Rams 🐏 

Rams are going up Ole Ole…

Train home ‘chuffin’ brilliant see what you did there 

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

So what was weird today, I went to back row, directly behind goal (my actual seat was back row, 20 seats along but didn’t try to use it), and the two seats next to me remained empty. It also felt like around us there were a few empty seats as well.

So the mad rush I was expecting pre kick off due to in allocated seating didn’t materialise. It almost felt as if that stand could sit 1800/2000 but they only sell less.

Really strange, but wasn’t unhappy!

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

So what was weird today, I went to back row, directly behind goal (my actual seat was back row, 20 seats along but didn’t try to use it), and the two seats next to me remained empty. It also felt like around us there were a few empty seats as well.

So the mad rush I was expecting pre kick off due to in allocated seating didn’t materialise. It almost felt as if that stand could sit 1800/2000 but they only sell less.

That's right, they sell less than capacity, let folks sit where they want, then herd the latecomers into the two end blocks of the stands.

So infuriating for @DarkFruitsRam7and others stood outside.

Ironically, the seat spaces are quite generous compared to some grounds we've been to this season.

13 hours ago, OoooMarkWright said:

What an afternoon. Great times in the Cambridge end. Loads of us in the corner celebrating at the end. The train home, chuffin brilliant

Up The Rams 🐏 

Rams are going up Ole Ole…

Glad you enjoyed. I spoke to a fair few that were removed from the home end for (apparently) very little. You must have had more generous stewards.

12 hours ago, rammieib said:

We could see it filling up from where we were sat - our fans did it perfectly filling out from the middle to both sides without obvious gaps. Also shall we say that with perhaps those that contributed to the local hospitality sector most on the sides with their later arrival, it seemed to help the singing

6 hours ago, angieram said:

That's right, they sell less than capacity, let folks sit where they want, then herd the latecomers into the two end blocks of the stands.

So infuriating for @DarkFruitsRam7and others stood outside.

Ironically, the seat spaces are quite generous compared to some grounds we've been to this season.

Seems very strange unless it’s a police decision given that the entrance to that bit of the ground is across one 2 metre wide narrow bridge. 

If there is no safety reason then it’s weird, because that’s losing Cambridge maybe 100k of revenue a year. Anyway - we don’t have that problem next season!!!