More to life than Football.

Day

@David I applaud you.

Been down lots of those roads - tests, IVF, multiple miscarriages - we’ve lived the tears and longing and what I dreaded in particular was Christmas and the presents and going to panto with extended family and hearing the kids in bits laughing.  

For us IVF worked, eventually, and I tucked in a little one tonight. If I can help at all, please don’t hesitate. 

I wasn’t sure if I could possibly say anything comforting here. But also couldn’t just leave it with a like on your post. I’ve been thinking about you over Easter, and have everything crossed for your second scan.

Whatever the outcome though, it sounds like there’s some hard decisions to come.

Life absolutely sucks sometimes. But at some point in the future, could be a year, could be 5 years, could be ten years, you’ll be happy, and you’ll look back and wonder how the hell you got through this. But you did. And whatever has happened, all the good, and the bad, has got you to that point of being happy, whatever that looks like. it might seem like a long way off, but it’s there waiting for you. 

always remember “this too shall pass.”

On 01/04/2024 at 00:13, GlastoEls said:

@David I applaud you.

Been down lots of those roads - tests, IVF, multiple miscarriages - we’ve lived the tears and longing and what I dreaded in particular was Christmas and the presents and going to panto with extended family and hearing the kids in bits laughing.  

For us IVF worked, eventually, and I tucked in a little one tonight. If I can help at all, please don’t hesitate. 

I second all this.

Plus lots of other comments.

You won't know for sure what the right decisions are, as we don't know the future or what would have happened if you had taken another path.

All you can do is think carefully, be honest in your reasoning and then stick to it together,  enjoy the positives and not spend your life wondering what might have been.

Don't feel you have to keep updating everyone but do know that if you do want to ..people want to hear what you're saying and care, and have everything crossed it works out eventually. 

• 2 weeks later...

@David just wanted to check in. Sounds like you guys have been going through it. As someone who was lucky enough to see IVF eventually work for us, I know how difficult that particular rollercoaster, especially with early stage pregnancy loss.

I saw your post on Instagram regarding foster parent approval - is that a light at the end of the tunnel for you all?