NFL 2024 Season

Day

35 minutes ago, Carnero said:

How the hell are there 4 of us Falcons fans on here... Michael Vick has a lot to answer for! 😂

I'm not quite early enough to the party for Vick.

I picked Falcons purely on them being the home team at one of the Wembley games I went to. Of course they lost by a FG to the Lions with the last kick of the game. Sounds familiar, no?

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Tried when I first started watching circa 2009. Just couldn’t do it. Nothing about them clicked with me beyond their name. 

Same, gave them a go when I was still early in my Vikings fandom. I wasn't feeling it when they were in St Louis but there's absolutely nothing about me that connects with being a fan of an LA team.

37 minutes ago, Srg said:

Tried when I first started watching circa 2009. Just couldn’t do it. Nothing about them clicked with me beyond their name. 

My first season watching was the debut season under McVay - peak Donald, Gurley and they were just starting to get on a roll! 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

My first season watching was the debut season under McVay - peak Donald, Gurley and they were just starting to get on a roll! 

I was when Sam Bradford just got drafted and was meant to be the second coming. Wild he’s only 36 now. 

23 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

To be fair, Bradford was great, unfortunately he was made of glass.

Imagine what could’ve been with him. He was the last of the old school rookie wage scale as well wasn’t he? Got paid superstar money just for getting picked first. That created so many issues. That said, not sure it’s right at the moment when teams are basically trying to strike it rich on a rookie QB deal where they can throw money at the rest of the roster.

Don’t know what the answer is, but there has to be a median somewhere. 

50 minutes ago, Srg said:

Imagine what could’ve been with him. He was the last of the old school rookie wage scale as well wasn’t he? Got paid superstar money just for getting picked first. That created so many issues. That said, not sure it’s right at the moment when teams are basically trying to strike it rich on a rookie QB deal where they can throw money at the rest of the roster.

Don’t know what the answer is, but there has to be a median somewhere. 

Still cling on to the belief we'd have have won the Superbowl in 2017 if Bradford hadn't got injured 🤣

He was awesome during his spell in Minnesota…played a couple of games for Arizona after that and that was it.

The whole rookie QB obsession has got out of hand. Thrown straight in, hooked out just as quick, and no time for development.

Bit if you do it the old waybloke Green Bay, you have Jordan Love has half a good season and you end up giving him a huge contract 🤷‍♂️

52 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Still cling on to the belief we'd have have won the Superbowl in 2017 if Bradford hadn't got injured 🤣

He was awesome during his spell in Minnesota…played a couple of games for Arizona after that and that was it.

The whole rookie QB obsession has got out of hand. Thrown straight in, hooked out just as quick, and no time for development.

Bit if you do it the old waybloke Green Bay, you have Jordan Love has half a good season and you end up giving him a huge contract 🤷‍♂️

Can’t afford to waste their rookie contract. Have to see what they have to see if your window is open. It’s crazy. 

I only have access to whatever games are televised locally here outside of primetime games - so going to be doing a lot of Seahawk watching this year. 

Looking forward to it. 

Dennis Allen's Saints were so unwatchable in his first few games I haven't seen any NFL in years 😂

6 hours ago, SaintRam said:

4 illegal formation penalties across the first 6 downs of the new season. NFL rule changes never fail to disappoint.

With the Chiefs doing the exact same thing, plus many many false starts by Taylor, and it not being called, not forgetting the timeout they called by someone who can't call timeouts. The officiating of Mahomes, and namely the Kansas City Taylor Swifts, was horrifically biased last year and it's started once again.

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

With the Chiefs doing the exact same thing, plus many many false starts by Taylor, and it not being called, not forgetting the timeout they called by someone who can't call timeouts. The officiating of Mahomes, and namely the Kansas City Taylor Swifts, was horrifically biased last year and it's started once again.

What happened to Mark Andrews last night? Only seen the stats, Likely saw all the action

5 minutes ago, Day said:

What happened to Mark Andrews last night? Only seen the stats, Likely saw all the action

Coming back from an injury last year, plus, Likely is really really good.

On 22/08/2024 at 13:51, Carnero said:

How the hell are there 4 of us Falcons fans on here... Michael Vick has a lot to answer for! 😂

The genuine reason I am a Falcons fan is because when I was a kid there was an episode of the Simpsons on a theme of the NFL, and they mentioned the Atlanta Falcons. Not long after my parents first got Sky TV and I could watch NFL games, and I just looked for them first and it stuck ever since.

simpsonsnfl.jpg

It was a very lackluster game overall. I don't fully grasp the illegal formation reasoning yet, I need to read up on it, but I agree it seems hard to believe only the Ravens were at fault for something so awkward.

Whatever happened throughout the game though, the win (they were gonna go for 2) was definitely in Jackson's hands at the end. The actual catch on 3rd down was desperately unlucky but the two throws before that were pants.