Dajaune Brown - loan to Gateshead until end of season

Dartmouth Ram

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

A loan to a top L2 club would be better than a lower L1 club. We know how some teams set up against the “bigger” teams in the league. If he’s loaned out it needs to be somewhere that he will score plenty of goals to carry his confidence and development forwards.

I don’t see why we couldn’t use him in a way that Luton have used someone like Joe Taylor. He went to a decent L2 side, scored goals, went to a decent L1 side for the second half of the season and scored even more. He probably wouldn’t have got the Lincoln move without the first half of the season at Colchester (not one of the better teams I know). He’s arguably ready for their first team now back in the Championship next season.

MK Dons have used Max Dean well this season, his loan is up so there would be a spot to fill for Brown. I think somewhere like that would really suit him.

Max Dean is currently contracted to MK Dons (not on loan), but I expect him to be sold this summer

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Max Dean is currently contracted to MK Dons (not on loan), but I expect him to be sold this summer

My mistake! For some reason I thought he was on loan from Leeds.

Still, I think there would be more successful clubs in League 2 where he’d develop better than lower League 1. Go to Burton, for example, and barely score, or go to someone like Doncaster and bag a few. These are key years of his development so it’s important they’re used wisely.

tbh i think we've recruited and delt with things reasonably well since clowes and warne have been in charge. so i trust them with whatever they do regarding the future of the club or personnel 

3 hours ago, BatRam said:

I think loan him out to a league one club (where its more physical) and access where he is in January. The rumour that we're looking at clarke harris. i think jch , gayle , collins will be a very good strike force for the champ. I'd sell or get rid of  waghorn and washington 

If those were our 3 main strikers next season I'd 100% keep him as an impact sub, we'd need some pace up there too.