If we go up who would get us into midtable of Champ

LN747

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bird - who played most of the season as an attacking mid has 7 goal involvements in the league (7 total), which is 1 every 231 mins (302 mins)
Sibley - who has played LB, LWB, LW, RW, CM, and AM has 2 goal involvements in the league (7 total), which is 1 every 328 mins (146 mins). At CM/AM only, he has 2 league goal involvements in 273 minutes - 1 every 137 mins and 3 in 284 mins in all competitions (1 every 95 mins)

Sibley has only had consecutive starts at AM twice this season. Unsurprisingly, he had a goal involvement in both of those spells (assist in his 2nd game of his first spell and a goal in the first game of his 2nd spell.

COME ON WARNE - DO THE RIGHT THING. 😡

21 hours ago, LN747 said:

If we go up I’d keep the following and add to the following areas of the team to get us at least half way up the championship - obviously depends on formations too…

Gk - New

Right Back - Niambi

Left Back - New

Centre half - Cashin

Centre half - Nelson 

Right Mid - Wilson

Centre Mid - New 

Centre Mid - Bird

Left Mid - Mendez

Striker - New

Striker - New 

Subs - Collins, Ward, Thompson , New, New,New,New…..

Love our current lads but without strengthening I fear we’d do a Wednesday and struggle and feel we’d need to alter the style of play a little to do well in the championship …but that’s a entiiiiiirrrrreeeelllyyyy different thread 

Depends who the manager was 👍

9 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Sibley isn't showing anything in league 1 nowadays let alone championship (yes he doesn't get much of a run to build up form but plenty of others don't that have shown more) disappointed In his progress currently

Difficult question when we don’t really play much decent football which can make good players look ordinary 

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Dress it up with stats as much as you want, his general play has been pretty poor on most occasions that he has played.

Sure, pretty much any player can be dressed up by stats, but I bet you can only remember one good chance being created last night and I bet I know which player it was who created that chance 😉

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Sure, pretty much any player can be dressed up by stats, but I bet you can only remember one good chance being created last night and I bet I know which player it was who created that chance 😉

Out of contract in summer isn't he ? Should have a queue of clubs wanting to sign him, I expect though that not to be the case.

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And I bet you cant remember anything else of note he did in 45 minutes against League 2 Bradford reserves 😉

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

And I bet you cant remember anything else of note he did in 45 minutes against League 2 Bradford reserves 😉

Since the other highlights of the game are:

1. Vickers giving the ball away cheaply and almost conceding
  2. Vickers making some good saves to keep us in it
  3. Ward not challenging from a corner resulting in us conceding
  4. Fornah walking back as Bradford were breaking
  5. John-Jules not passing to an offside Collins

Sibley's contribution of creating our best chance means he did well in comparison. 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Since the other highlights of the game are:

1. Vickers giving the ball away cheaply and almost conceding
  2. Vickers making some good saves to keep us in it
  3. Ward not challenging from a corner resulting in us conceding
  4. Fornah walking back as Bradford were breaking
  5. John-Jules not passing to an offside Collins

Sibley's contribution of creating our best chance means he did well in comparison. 

I wasnt asking about other players, I was asking about Sibleys contribution other than one cross?

Its ok to just say he was rubbish, just the same as the rest of the team...

No one named in the article but interesting comments about appearance clauses potentially triggering extensions for some of the squad and ongoing conversations with others, with the unknown regarding which league we’re going to be in of course being a potential defining factor;

For us to continue progressing within the championship, I believe we would need a moneyball style approach similar to Brentford and Brighton. I support Clowes in running the club sustainably, but to compete that way we will need to do things a little different to the others. 

While I like the sound of a ‘Paul Warne player’, we need to be looking for more than just someone who works hard. Could we utilise the data available to look for players who have something like an idealistic number of sprints per game, distance run per game or top speeds recorded, paired with forward passes, pass completion % or chances created/taken.

On 10/01/2024 at 09:51, jimtastic56 said:

In the bottom 5 of the Championship at the moment are Birmingham city . They have Krystian Beilik . The player many described on this forum as “ The £10mill Beast that  guarantees promotion “!  Just shows how we can get things wrong .

what about when they were in the play offs before they sacked john eustace then?