What do we need ?

S8TY

59 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

@angieram we must both have seen that pic within minutes of each other. Some great efforts there, particularly Collins and Nelson as Barbie and Ken 🤣 

I haven't got a clue who half of them are meant to be as I don't really keep up with popular culture. I thought Cash was a Thunderbird and had heard about our way of celebrating goals on here! 

looking at the current goal scorers chart in L1

Alfie May 15  

Jordan Rhodes 13

Our top goal scorer is Collins on 7 and for all of his hard work I still think a striker could make the difference between going up or not 

I'd really like us to go for it and get Al Hamidi , a proper goal getter will make the all important difference and give teams something to fear and would maybe free up others around him to get a few  

We do need more goals  from our midfield as well imo , quite an important window this next one and always a difficult one 

14 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'd go for Mehmeti on permanent or loan from Bristol City.  Very quick and will get goals in this league.  Only played twice for them this season. 

From what I see in reports, he cost them around £1.5m, Wycombe said it was a club record sale at the time. Have we got that sort of money as they surely wouldn't want to take a bit hit on him?

10 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

From what I see in reports, he cost them around £1.5m, Wycombe said it was a club record sale at the time. Have we got that sort of money as they surely wouldn't want to take a bit hit on him?

We'll have it if we sell Cashin and Bird. A lot of his fee also included add ons which we may have to take up. A loan would do though for 5 months.  Perhaps have a look at Reading as well.  Wing has always done well against us and would have been a good free in the summer. A nominal fee may be enough with there s*** show at the minute

IMG_2934.thumb.jpeg.2148a9e846c83f826ddb209ba0c8d2aa.jpeg

just for the purpose of this I put Washington at left wing, I think if we get 3 players I’d go with the following

A winger who is very comfortable on the both sides. Conor Mahoney seems like he’d be a realistic target. At 26 he’s about to his prime age for a winger, he creates a lot of chances and has 4 goals in 16 games at gillingham on loan this season. If we were to offer any sort of fee to his parent club Huddersfield i think they’d accept it. He’s proven he can play higher up than league two for his whole career so would have no problem making that step up to league one.

A young central Defender who’s right footed, maybe a loan since Rooney will be back in the summer. A great addition would be Brooklyn Lyons-Foster who is a rock at the back for Tottenhams u21. He is 23 and is capable of playing in holding midfield and right back as-well as his natural position is centre back. Could be great to have him on loan for 6 months to decide wether we should sign him in the summer as I can’t imagine he’ll ever play for Tottenham.

Another player of the birdy ilk but more naturally attack minded. My personal choice would be Dan Crowley from Notts county, he’s definitely able to play at league one level and is about to enter his prime years. Scores goals as-well as creating lots of them. After 21 league games this year he already has accumulated 8 goals and 7 assists.

On 13/12/2023 at 09:47, S8TY said:

looking at the current goal scorers chart in L1

Alfie May 15  

Jordan Rhodes 13

Our top goal scorer is Collins on 7 and for all of his hard work I still think a striker could make the difference between going up or not 

I'd really like us to go for it and get Al Hamidi , a proper goal getter will make the all important difference and give teams something to fear and would maybe free up others around him to get a few  

We do need more goals  from our midfield as well imo , quite an important window this next one and always a difficult one 

I take your point, and yet we’ve scored 2 more goals in the league than Charlton and 2 less than Blackpool…if May or Rhodes gets injured for them will they struggle to score where we seem to have goals shared around the squad a bit more? 

I do think we need a main goalscorer adding to the side, unless John-Jules is that man once his fitness is back to his best, but said in the summer that there are goals in the squad and it’s evident from the season so far. More from midfield and set pieces and we’d be flying. 

On 13/12/2023 at 23:48, Eoghan1884 said:

IMG_2934.thumb.jpeg.2148a9e846c83f826ddb209ba0c8d2aa.jpeg

just for the purpose of this I put Washington at left wing, I think if we get 3 players I’d go with the following

A winger who is very comfortable on the both sides. Conor Mahoney seems like he’d be a realistic target. At 26 he’s about to his prime age for a winger, he creates a lot of chances and has 4 goals in 16 games at gillingham on loan this season. If we were to offer any sort of fee to his parent club Huddersfield i think they’d accept it. He’s proven he can play higher up than league two for his whole career so would have no problem making that step up to league one.

A young central Defender who’s right footed, maybe a loan since Rooney will be back in the summer. A great addition would be Brooklyn Lyons-Foster who is a rock at the back for Tottenhams u21. He is 23 and is capable of playing in holding midfield and right back as-well as his natural position is centre back. Could be great to have him on loan for 6 months to decide wether we should sign him in the summer as I can’t imagine he’ll ever play for Tottenham.

Another player of the birdy ilk but more naturally attack minded. My personal choice would be Dan Crowley from Notts county, he’s definitely able to play at league one level and is about to enter his prime years. Scores goals as-well as creating lots of them. After 21 league games this year he already has accumulated 8 goals and 7 assists.

Good post. 

I don't know much about the first two players you mentioned but I really like the look of Dan Crowley, although doubt Notts County would entertain losing him in January.

I still think Johnson Clarke-Harris would be worth a two year deal.  Far more of a handful than anything we currently have and could make a big difference.  It could be argued he doesn't work as hard as our current forwards, plus has history with PW, so doubt this would happen.  Would Peterborough allow him to come to a promotion rival, so he'll probably go to Bristol Rovers.

Cheers 

Gangway D from the Terrace

30 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

Good post. 

I don't know much about the first two players you mentioned but I really like the look of Dan Crowley, although doubt Notts County would entertain losing him in January.

I still think Johnson Clarke-Harris would be worth a two year deal.  Far more of a handful than anything we currently have and could make a big difference.  It could be argued he doesn't work as hard as our current forwards, plus has history with PW, so doubt this would happen.  Would Peterborough allow him to come to a promotion rival, so he'll probably go to Bristol Rovers.

Cheers 

Gangway D from the Terrace

Talented if the mood takes but more clubs than a 100 year old golfer.  He's seemed to slip further down the ladder as the years go by.