My thoughts if I was David Clowes

Gringo

19 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Think a few people thought he was past it, what with 2 broken legs and his age, but boy did he prove them wrong.

In his third and last season at Derby before joining Swindon as player coach, he played every game of the season; it was the only season he managed that in his career. Les Green took me to meet him in the Baseball Bar & Grill for 'a couple of drinks' in 2007. We stayed for way too long. It was one of the most memorable afternoons of my life. He was such a gentle and kind personality which belied his physical reputation. I asked him if anything had ever scared him on a football field? He said "No, not even when I broke my leg twice. I always knew I'd bounce back and I did. I loved playing football too much for it to scare me"

Scotland, Heart of Midlothian, Tottenham Hotspur and Derby County legend. RIP.

13 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

In his third and last season at Derby before joining Swindon as player coach, he played every game of the season; it was the only season he managed that in his career. Les Green took me to meet him in the Baseball Bar & Grill for 'a couple of drinks' in 2007. We stayed for way too long. It was one of the most memorable afternoons of my life. He was such a gentle and kind personality which belied his physical reputation. I asked him if anything had ever scared him on a football field? He said "No, not even when I broke my leg twice. I always knew I'd bounce back and I did. I loved playing football too much for it to scare me"

Scotland, Heart of Midlothian, Tottenham Hotspur and Derby County legend. RIP.

What a memory to have, wished i had met him.

40 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

DM had just come back from a broken leg and Bremner went in on a tackle 

We discussed that when I met him. He said exactly what you said but he said it wasn't a tackle. He was walking back upfield when Bremner purposely kicked him on the back of the recently repaired broken leg to intimidate him. He thought that was cowardly and the red mist overtook him and he grabbed Bremner by his shirtfront. The red mist disappeared when he saw how scared Bremner was and he let go of him pretty quickly because he didn't want Billy to crap on his boots. I couldn't stop laughing but Dave swore that was how it was and I just had to believe him because there was no reason not to.

31 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

We discussed that when I met him. He said exactly what you said but he said it wasn't a tackle. He was walking back upfield when Bremner purposely kicked him on the back of the recently repaired broken leg to intimidate him. He thought that was cowardly and the red mist overtook him and he grabbed Bremner by his shirtfront. The red mist disappeared when he saw how scared Bremner was and he let go of him pretty quickly because he didn't want Billy to crap on his boots. I couldn't stop laughing but Dave swore that was how it was and I just had to believe him because there was no reason not to.

When the word legend is said it’s sometimes questionable but with Mackay he was a true legend wish we’d had him longer what a great signing he was …

14 minutes ago, S8TY said:

When the word legend is said it’s sometimes questionable but with Mackay he was a true legend wish we’d had him longer what a great signing he was …

You're just being greedy now LOL. A month would have been lucky but three years Wow! And he didn't let us down when he came back as the manager. Unfortunately the board let him and all of us down when they sacked him and that was the end of the Great Days of Derby County 🥲

9 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

A good few years back me and the ex were walking down Saint Peters Street, A group of older men around 6/8 of them stopped us and asked where was a good place for a drink, I asked what kind of boozer are you looking for, A soft Scottish accent to my left said... somewhere quiet, I looked up and to my surprise it was Dave MacKay...Wow here I am talking to the great man, I pointed them to O'Neil's Bar on St Peters Churchyard and with a thanks off they went 👍