Bundesliga 23/24

RoyMac5

19 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Isn’t he? I adore him. Between him and Bellingham, they’ll be lifting some silverware for England soon I think.

wouldn’t it be ironic though, if Tottenham actually could hold on to their top spot to win something now he’s gone. I did think he should stick with them for one last season, give it one last chance to see if he can leave having put something in their trophy cabinet. That would’ve been the dream end to his Tottenham career. I just how his England career doesn’t end up trophy-less too. 

Maybe my view has been coloured by the figure of fun he is to some of the kids on “football twitter”, who mock him for his speech and lack of trophies.

But I also don’t think he’s had the levels of adoration and expectation that previous England players have had, like Beckham, Rooney, etc. That’s despite being one of the greatest ever performers in an England shirt. And he seems to be a lovely, quiet bloke to boot.

I’d love it if he wins the lot with Bayern then comes back to Spurs to break Shearer’s record and win a trophy or two.

And a World Cup would be bloody lovely too!

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

6 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Maybe my view has been coloured by the figure of fun he is to some of the kids on “football twitter”, who mock him for his speech and lack of trophies.

But I also don’t think he’s had the levels of adoration and expectation that previous England players have had, like Beckham, Rooney, etc. That’s despite being one of the greatest ever performers in an England shirt. And he seems to be a lovely, quiet bloke to boot.

I’d love it if he wins the lot with Bayern then comes back to Spurs to break Shearer’s record and win a trophy or two.

And a World Cup would be bloody lovely too!

I have no feelings towards spurs one way or another, but I live a good story. And that would make a good football story. Roy of the rovers stuff.

I think it’s a very British thing to downplay our own stuff. When it’s a glamorous foreign player, we can idolise them, but we’ll often not appreciate what we’ve got.

Interesting that Kane and Bellingham are both playing abroad. Weirdly I think that helps us to see and appreciate how good they are really. If Bellingham came to the premier league, I’m certain we wouldn’t appreciate him half as much.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Another hat trick for Harry Kane yesterday. That's 2 in a week I think.

Makes him the current top scorer across all European leagues.

Best start for any player in Bundesliga history... 15 goals in his first 10 Bundesliga games.  

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Best start for any player in Bundesliga history... 15 goals in his first 10 Bundesliga games.  

He’s taking the piss now isn’t he?

weird that haaland did so well going in the opposite direction. It’s probably more about moving from an okay team to a world class team. World class players with other world class players around them. These are the results. 

4 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

He’s taking the piss now isn’t he?

weird that haaland did so well going in the opposite direction. It’s probably more about moving from an okay team to a world class team. World class players with other world class players around them. These are the results. 

The Bundesliga model is great, but it means the league is largely devoid of any quality because players can earn more elsewhere. 

I mean, Fulham’s bench players earn more money than say Borussia Monchengladbach’s first-teamers.

Kane is a world class player playing in a world class team. But 90% of his opponents are probably at the level of say Bournemouth. It’s little wonder he is finding it too easy.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The Bundesliga model is great, but it means the league is largely devoid of any quality because players can earn more elsewhere. 

I mean, Fulham’s bench players earn more money than say Borussia Monchengladbach’s first-teamers.

Kane is a world class player playing in a world class team. But 90% of his opponents are probably at the level of say Bournemouth. It’s little wonder he is finding it too easy.

I thought this, but that’s why I drew the comparison with haaland. Haaland scored like 50 goals last season. He wasn’t scoring 100* in the bundesliga, so it can’t be that much worse quality. 

*maybe he was, I haven’t checked. 

53 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I thought this, but that’s why I drew the comparison with haaland. Haaland scored like 50 goals last season. He wasn’t scoring 100* in the bundesliga, so it can’t be that much worse quality. 

*maybe he was, I haven’t checked. 

Bayern are a far better side than Dortmund though, and City’s creative players are far better than what Haaland had at Dortmund.

Sancho’s record in Germany was phenomenal. He looked like a world beater, until you took into account the opposition.

I mean Haaland netted five against Leipzig in the CL last season in a 7-0 rout.

Teams like Darmstadt and Heidenheim are probably on the same level as Birmingham in the Championship.

But whereas Birmingham would stick 11 men behind the ball and just defend all game against Bayern, to their credit, Bundesliga teams tend to attack and counterpress all the time.

It makes the league exciting and full of goals. Which then makes it easy for world class players to shine.

In Bayern’s 4-0 win at Dortmund, just look at the high line Dortmund had and how easy it was for Kane to find himself one on one centrally with the GK. That rarely happens in the PL.

15 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Sancho’s record in Germany was phenomenal. He looked like a world beater, until you took into account the opposition

I think Sancho’s struggles in the PL are more to do with poor coaching and lack of discipline than a sudden step in the quality of the league.

He’s not even allowed to eat in the Man Utd canteen at the moment! 

would be interesting to see how he would get on somewhere more stable where he’s supported instead of isolated 

Kane now cemented in the Bundesliga record books. Nice to see the lad prosper and the Bayern fans have understandably taken to him in no uncertain fashion. He might just be the most complete striker out there right now and it's all down to his own hard graft. More power to him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67391194

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Kane is too good for the Bundesliga. As are quite a few Bayern players. It’s too easy.

Kane made a great decision to go there so he can win some trophies. But after two or three seasons, he should look to move on to Real Madrid.

I think he may well move at the end of this season to be honest. Barca or Madrid. Will cement him as England's greatest ever striker.