A new daily game. Name the year & opponents of a famous Rams match

admira

22 hours ago, admira said:

127. Year, opponents and memories. 3-4 home defeat. Goal scorers not necessarily in the correct order.

image.png.0339252b6ca77f22761cfd47fed88659.png

I was surprised to see Stallard appearing as sub on the teamsheet there. I thought he only came on the first-team scene a couple of years later. I remember his header at Wolves in a 2-0 win.

11 hours ago, admira said:

131. Year, opponents and memories. 4-0 home win. Goal scorers not necessarily in the correct order.

image.png.519662733925347ae78a632ea3853f31.png

This one:

Remembered like yesterday, Hector being flattened by Tubby Lawrenece as he scored the Third.

I was on the ledge at the back of the Ossie End :

A great day to be a Ram.

If only we were as quarter as good as that side now 🥲

Edited by I DONT MIND

12 hours ago, I DONT MIND said:

This one:

Remembered like yesterday, Hector being flattened by Tubby Lawrenece as he scored the Third.

I was on the ledge at the back of the Ossie End :

A great day to be a Ram.

If only we were as quarter as good as that side now 🥲

Great highlights. Some proper pressing going on there too!

VAR would have allowed the O'Hare backheel goal. Seems the lino was a bit flag-happy!

Is that away at Newcastle in 2007?

We deserved a win. Viduka spared Newcastle's blushes with a late equaliser. I often wonder if we'd picked up the three points here, plus a deserved point from Liverpool, whether Jewell would've gone quite so crazy with his desperate January transfers.

2 hours ago, Anon said:

We deserved a win. Viduka spared Newcastle's blushes with a late equaliser. I often wonder if we'd picked up the three points here, plus a deserved point from Liverpool, whether Jewell would've gone quite so crazy with his desperate January transfers.

Almost did the double against them.

4 hours ago, Anon said:

We were also denied a blatant penalty in the dying seconds.

51 minutes ago, admira said:

133. Year, opponents and memories. 6-1 away win. Goal scorers not necessarily in the correct order.

image.png.31ba2f0b0e772f3ec9ae83b516bff13a.png

Boston United 3rd FA cup replay 1974. Played in the afternoon on a Wednesday. Capped school and me and my dad travelled to Boston.

At this time it was the three day week, due to the miners strike. (no floodlights were allowed to be used to conserve coal stocks).

We had done the usual the Saturday before at the BBG and contrived to c*** it up against non-league opposition.

(Boston had hammered us in Round 2 6-1 some 18 years previously at the BBG)

We had drawn 0-0 at Derby the previous Saturday 1pm kick off I think. 

I do remember Archie missing a sitter on to an Ossie end post that day when it was easier to score.

Anyway we went through to round 4, where we subsequently played and lost to Coventry.

Another connection was that TBE played and managed Boston in the Two matches.