Under 21 signings - Ryan Bartley and Ben Radcliffe

Caerphilly Ram

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

Isn't Ryan Bartley the CB from the documentary at Palace? If so he was a quality CB who got a horrible injury 

I only saw a couple of those, remember one about a keeper with a sad backstory but can’t remember seeing anything about a cb getting injured. If it was him, hopefully he’s recovered and ready to rebuild his career with us

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I only saw a couple of those, remember one about a keeper with a sad backstory but can’t remember seeing anything about a cb getting injured. If it was him, hopefully he’s recovered and ready to rebuild his career with us

Yes, it’s him.

To quote the guy ‘ tough 12 month battle from injury’….

Bartley might have something if he can stay fit. Got to respect anyone who can endure 12 months of rehab and setbacks and stay optimistic.

As a part time Burton fan I know very little about Radcliffe apart from I think he can play centre half too. Was released rather than leaving so not expecting too much.

Both are 6'2". Under 21s will be playing for set pieces. 

Bartley has a bit of work to sustain fitness but was highly rated at one point. Radcliffe appeared for Burton last season and was on the bench in the first and last game - surprised they didn’t keep him on, but probably should do ok for our u21 side. 

After the decimation the academy went through, I think some bodies through the door even as a punt is a good idea so if (and it's a big if) we have any youngsters left they can stay at age appropriate levels until time is right.

They both also sound like the sort we should be going for too. Both potentially will add physicality to the age group, and help the lads get some points in their next campaign. One was a Premier team youth who had some bad luck and needs to rebuild from a lower base, and one was on the fringes of a League 1 squad (so our level). Quite happy.