Streaming RamsTV

SparxTheRam

So, I've just seen that all the preseason games are going to be on RamsTV!!! Brilliant, as a subscriber that makes the 20 quid in June and July (almost) worth it..... But wait....

Nope, Pre-Season games aren't included so I'm paying 20 quid to watch precisely nothing in July even though there are 5 friendlies!! 

I know, I'll cancel this month and pay the 4 PPV prices ... Ahhh yes sorry we've already taken your money this month 2 days ago before we announced the news!!! 

Absolutely shocking behaviour IMHO

36 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

So, I've just seen that all the preseason games are going to be on RamsTV!!! Brilliant, as a subscriber that makes the 20 quid in June and July (almost) worth it..... But wait....

Nope, Pre-Season games aren't included so I'm paying 20 quid to watch precisely nothing in July even though there are 5 friendlies!! 

I know, I'll cancel this month and pay the 4 PPV prices ... Ahhh yes sorry we've already taken your money this month 2 days ago before we announced the news!!! 

Absolutely shocking behaviour 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Re read post ignore me

10 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

I think it's a fair enough moan.   I didn't cancel as I wanted the club to have the money and for me to be able to watch the friendlies.  What are we actually subscribing to if theyre not included?

Were they included in previous seasons?

8 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Don't know.   I just think it's fair enough to assume that if you are paying the monthly subscription you would be entitled to watch every game that RamsTV streams.

It's just that not all previous pre-season games have been included.

14 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Don't know.   I just think it's fair enough to assume that if you are paying the monthly subscription you would be entitled to watch every game that RamsTV streams.

Absolutely, surely pre season games aren't exclusive rights by anyone other than the clubs themselves, it's not like they are buying the feed as it's gonna be shown on Sky!!! 

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

This same moan happens every single season.

It's your own fault for not cancelling your Rams TV subscription for June & July. 

And it's a fiver a game 🙄

But why should I have to pay a fiver a game if I'm a subscriber? 

8 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

But why should I have to pay a fiver a game if I'm a subscriber? 

You don't have to, it's a choice.

The fact you left your subscription running for June & July is an irrelevance, as would be moaning about an Amazon Prime subscription that you've not used.

25 minutes ago, Carnero said:

You don't have to, it's a choice.

The fact you left your subscription running for June & July is a non irrelevance, as would be moaning about an Amazon Prime subscription that you've not used.

Amazon continue to provide a service though.  What service are the club providing in this instance? And a direct debit is originated by the club.  They are taking the subscribers money.  The subscriber isn't sending them the money.  The club could choose to not take the money in months when it shows no games or has games that are only pay per view.

Edited by Blondest Goat

33 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Whatever was agreed to.

It's a monthly live video pass, unless I'm missing something the only games it says you don't get are FA and league cup because of broadcasting rights. Unless you're aware of it from previous years, pretty reasonable to expect you'd be getting the live games in July included in your live video pass. Luckily for me, my subscription doesn't renew for a few days so can still cancel and restart it next month. 

Edited by ben_dcfc

I may look into it tomorrow.  I'm not saying that the club have done anything wrong or mislead anyone.  I just think that it is an easy mistake to make to assume that if you didn't cancel the monthly subscription you would be able to watch any pre-season games that are being streamed without having to pay extra. 

It's not really a big deal for me to be honest.  My main motivation for not cancelling the DDR was laziness.  The club getting the money and being able to watch the friendlies was just a bonus.

5 minutes ago, ben_dcfc said:

It's a monthly live video pass, unless I'm missing something the only games it says you don't get are FA and league cup because of broadcasting rights. Unless you're aware of it from previous years, pretty reasonable to expect you'd be getting the live games in July included in your live video pass. Luckily for me, my subscription doesn't renew for a few days so can still cancel and restart it next month. 

Does it actually say you can't watch these games as I didn't find that clear and just assumed that the original poster was cleverer than me?

4 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Does it actually say you can't watch these games as I didn't find that clear and just assumed that the original poster was cleverer than me?

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/07/202324-pre-season-ramstv-live-stream-details-confirmed

"Important: RamsTV subscribers are advised that their streaming package starts from the first fixture of the league campaign. Consequently, subscribers will need to purchase an individual pass to view any of the pre-season fixtures, as these are not included within the subscription package."

Does seem a bit mean tbh, what else are you getting from a between seasons sub? But it was like this before, can't remember might have been the last two seasons?

6 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

On the article from wednesday about the pre season games being on ramstv is says:

Important: RamsTV subscribers are advised that their streaming package starts from the first fixture of the league campaign. Consequently, subscribers will need to purchase an individual pass to view any of the pre-season fixtures, as these are not included within the subscription package.

If you email them they just say do you want us to cancel the sub, which is pretty pointless as I'll want it back in August 

I accept that it's my choice to maintain it through the off-season but I really don't understand why they aren't included as there can't be any rights issues surely?