England sack Eddie Jones

Gaspode

Been shouting this for well over a year.  Lost his way ages ago, as well as the players, who never knew where they stood.  Only need to look at the likes of Radwan, one of the fastest, most dynamic wingers in the Premiership. Ignored, then invites him in, only to send him back...then repeat.  Borthwick is an interesting choice if it is him; he's done wonders with the Tigers.  Scott Robertson is also worth a look - modern, progressive coach. 

of the various names bandied about, i think Scott Robertson sounds the most interesting. Borthwicks Leicester Tigers side kick from hand more than any other premiership team so it would be like being Ireland, or England with Rob Andrew.

Eddie Jones did fantastic things when he first arrived, but like Jose Mourinho seems to outstay his welcome and run out of ideas.

21 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The England rugby side has been rubbish for a couple of years, so it needed to happen. The impression I formed from the fairly little I watched of them was just dull and a sense of "surely they can do better than that".

They hardly been 'rubbish' they've just been hideously inconsistent. They've won a series Down Under, beaten the reigning world champs and stretched their unbeaten run against the Kiwis to 3 games in the timeframe you've used!!! You make it sound like they've been poor in every game ?‍♂️

31 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

They hardly been 'rubbish' they've just been hideously inconsistent. They've won a series Down Under, beaten the reigning world champs and stretched their unbeaten run against the Kiwis to 3 games in the timeframe you've used!!! You make it sound like they've been poor in every game ?‍♂️

I did say "lmited" amount of watching them.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I did say "lmited" amount of watching them.

Well you know what they say about glass houses fella! ? 

Eddie had to go because at times, this team has looked so overcoached that they really didn't seem to know what was expected of them, nor did they grasp the game plan. Also, Jones has shown himself to be increasingly inflexible; the more criticism he's received, the more steadfastly he's stuck to a style of rugby that is too easy for modern teams to nullify.That said, while we can all talk about Eddie's role in this, you are right in that they need to take a long, hard look at themselves too. Their performances individually have been awful on occasions, even much vaunted newcomers like Marcus Smith. In Jones' defence though, he does switch it up at the RWC and I do think he'd have unleashed the hounds somewhat when he felt it mattered. The issue is that what the Twickenham crowd want, they get as that's where the money is and they have become increasingly disgruntled in recent months. Eddie (and I) probably thought he'd get to RWC23 and show the world wrong as he kinda did last time around, but the RFU have blinked.

As for the future, for me, it has to be Borthwick. There might be 'sexier options out there, but Steve is a seriously good coach and critically, he understands the dark arts of the front 8 and most importantly, will get our set piece sorted. Robertson has pedigree, but how many of us watch a lot of Super League, know the style of rugby he coaches and can vouch for that style suiting the players he'd have at his disposal? I think folk assume, possibly because of his playing career, that the forwards are Borthwick's sole interest but I can see him breathing fresh life into what is a potentially lethal group of backs too. And make no mistake, the players respect him. Sitting in the background too, let's not forget that the best defence coach in the game is currently employed by France, nor overlook what Farrell is doing with the Ireland team. Borthwick and Edwards would be the dream team for me, but the timing though... Really?!?!?