Netflix with Ads

Day

4 hours ago, David said:

Things are going to be tough. The first things to go will be subscriptions to Netflix, Amazon, Sky etc. When it comes to a choice between having the heating on or watching subscription channels then its game over.

Expect many more offers over the next few months.

On 13/10/2022 at 17:09, uttoxram75 said:

Things are going to be tough. The first things to go will be subscriptions to Netflix, Amazon, Sky etc. When it comes to a choice between having the heating on or watching subscription channels then its game over.

Expect many more offers over the next few months.

5 quid for a month of entertainment isn't too shabby. It's only a fiver.

On 15/10/2022 at 15:19, GeneralRam said:

5 quid for a month of entertainment isn't too shabby. It's only a fiver.

You’re not wrong. If you were properly poor, couldn’t afford to go anywhere or do anything, then a fiver a month to pay for a pretty massive selection of entertainment us pretty good value. Cheaper than one trip to the cinema, cheaper than a pint down the pub, cheaper than a book, half the price of the tv licence. That’s going to go before the Netflix subscription goes. 

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

When I was a lad we only had 3 channels.

Channel 4 was pie in the sky.

I had a “portable” black n white tv in me bedroom that you had to turn a dial to change channels.

cry me a river!

Still the same in Belper today isn't it?

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I had a “portable” black n white tv in me bedroom that you had to turn a dial to change channels.

cry me a river!

Our first remote control TV wasn't all that remote... the controls were permanently fixed to the telly via a 5ft long cable!  

I just haven't met you yet!

12 hours ago, Boycie said:

cry me a river!

I can’t claim to remember a time before channel 4 (but I definitely do remember the excitement of the spice girls launching channel 5). But I can claim to have the same black and white, ‘portable’ tv in my mums bedroom, that wee watch Cagney and Lacey on together, that you had to get up a twiddle the dial on. 

Actually, come to think of it, we didn’t have 4 channels, we barely had 2, the rest was just static. 

‘when I were a lad, we used to live in hole in road’

Edited by TigerTedd