Snooker Mixed Doubles

Day

• 6 months later...

Latest snooker ,the World cup finals,interupted last night by two loonies,one jumped on the table and emptied a bag of orange powder on the table,creating havoc,the other,a woman 35 years old jumped on the table and tried to glue herself to the table.

Similar to the protesters who tried to stop the Grand National on Saturday,these 2 had t shirts with a motive of Stop Oil,what are they protesting about.

Think that there is going to have to be a lot more security at sporting events,they have already tried to interupt football matches by gluing themselves to the goal posts before.What is happening to Sunaks threat that he will crack down on these dissidents,they should have prison sentences and have all there benefits stopped if the cant abide with uk laws

1 hour ago, Malagaram said:

Latest snooker ,the World cup finals,interupted last night by two loonies,one jumped on the table and emptied a bag of orange powder on the table,creating havoc,the other,a woman 35 years old jumped on the table and tried to glue herself to the table.

Similar to the protesters who tried to stop the Grand National on Saturday,these 2 had t shirts with a motive of Stop Oil,what are they protesting about.

Think that there is going to have to be a lot more security at sporting events,they have already tried to interupt football matches by gluing themselves to the goal posts before.What is happening to Sunaks threat that he will crack down on these dissidents,they should have prison sentences and have all there benefits stopped if the cant abide with uk laws

Should have let her glue herself and then just play around her. Tell her to turn the lights off when she's freed herself 

I like a bit of snooker. Can't sit through the length of these matches though. I thought when I was a kid the early rounds were 13 or 15 frames or something. 

Some players are unwatchable unless you're a hardcore fan of the game

10 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

I'm guessing something to do with oil.

I think it could be to do with fracking.

There is a ongoing dispute in a village in Lincolnshire re the traffic being caused through the village,up to 100 vehicles a day,where there are "nodding donkeys being used to extract oil",but after watching look north last night it would seem that dispute was overturned by the goverment.

But we need oil  more than ever now after the russian/ukraine conflict.

Murphy out and can't really complain. 

I'm guessing there's no point in a snooker thread? Not very popular is it? 

It's good to see all these Chinese players coming through. Gives more credibility to the use of the word "World" 

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

I'm guessing there's no point in a snooker thread? Not very popular is it? 

Not really a sport suited to us 9-5ers if we want to watch it live, is it?

Also how many of us have access to a full size snooker table? I haven't seen one in person since I was about 13, in the attic of Westwood Nursing Home in Mickleover when my dad was doing some decorating during the school holidays.

I'd love to watch snooker if I was rich, retired and lived in a mansion with a dedicated snooker room but it's hard to be enthralled by something I have no opportunity to play myself. Bit like golf, can't really see the point.

Edited by Kokosnuss