Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

48 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How long did it take for the likes of  Florist, the Dirties, Ipswich, Saints, Portsmouth and Bolton to get out if it is so easy 🤔 One season or a few more 🙄

Different years, different situations of relegated teams with different squads and different needs to get players out and in, different makeup of the league, different 'overall' styles of the teams down here..

Using other clubs' failures years ago to  ourselves RIGHT NOW is a fool's errand and mainly an excuse.

Looking at the overall balance of the league and the squads in it now we should be slightly higher placed than we are, but there's still time to rectify this and if we don't make it we go into next season knowing where we need to improve 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

The use of quotation marks around the word ‘support’ implies it. That’s because there’s been very little to shout about as a Derby fan for the last 4 or 5 years. When we’re doing well I say it, when we’re not I say we’re not, it’s not exactly rocket science.

Make that 3 years, and stop exaggerating. 

If you insist on "4 or 5 years", someone might mention 2 x PO semis, including the Elland Road Bounce*,  and 1 Final.  

*Described by more than a handful of fans as "The best night of my Derby County supporting life"!  That's quite shouty, to be fair!  

2 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Different years, different situations of relegated teams with different squads and different needs to get players out and in, different makeup of the league, different 'overall' styles of the teams down here..

Using other clubs' failures years ago to  ourselves RIGHT NOW is a fool's errand and mainly an excuse.

Looking at the overall balance of the league and the squads in it now we should be slightly higher placed than we are, but there's still time to rectify this and if we don't make it we go into next season knowing where we need to improve 

How is it different other than the majority of those teams weren’t under the restrictions we are 🤣

39 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why would you expect a team made up of youngsters and players approaching retirement to be getting stronger towards the end of the season?

Through considered management of resources, under the instruction of experienced management with a history of success by making the most of their available staff.

Warne is doing a good job but he isn't presenting to his 'customer base' why he's the one to lead our team forward.

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

By improving the individuals and also how they work together in implementing his vision 

There have been examples of that this season. And there are examples where he hasn’t. 
Sibley almost encapsulates both arguments perfectly. Due to circumstance Warne plays Sibley as a left back, everyone is dumbfounded, comments along the lines of “it won’t work”, “what’s he doing”, “Sibley is too ill disciplined” (I’m paraphrasing here). Yet it proves to be a masterstroke, Sibley plays a key role in a really solid defence, shows improvements with his defensive quality and discipline - it can’t solely be to Sibley’s credit, Warne and the coaches deserve some recognition.

However he then has to break up the band at the back through circumstance (I think - might be misremembering) and it all goes a bit sideways, leaving Sibley in limbo as he’s in one game as a 10, out the next, minutes from the bench as a left back, not involved. 
Warne has shown that he can get players to play above their perceived levels, is able to coach and/or inspire good performances from individuals and the group. And he also hasn’t been able to do so.
That inconsistency isn’t solely his fault and is borne from circumstance. It’s frustrating for sure, but to ignore the fact he can do that on the previous evidence this season because he’s not currently doing so isn’t reason for changing the manager as some posters and fans are calling for. (All in my personal opinion of course). 

34 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Were you happy with the 16 game unbeaten run, 5 or 6 clean sheets in a row

Likely he was happy with it but could see through it, see the reasons it happened but not willing to just ignore the problems even when they weren't taken advantage of which would later hold us back when it came to fixtures later in the season.

5 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

I think you're attributing reaching the playoffs to the change of manager there though when it may not always have been the case.

You could say we reached the playoffs despite the changes, and that a couple  of them delayed how long it took to get to have another shot.

(Don't feel like doing a full analysis in the pub  though so I could be talking b*******!)

Not really, I was just throwing in an alternate viewpoint about changing managers. I'm all in favour of us sticking with the right manager. 😄 We could emulate Watford? Not really, just saying nothing is really written in stone. It should be what is right for the Club, but for the having the right manager is paramount. I'm becoming less convinced its Warne, others think otherwise...that's football. #COYR

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Did I hear Paul Warne correctly in the post match interview that he was abused by Rams fans at the end of the game when he went to applaud them? If so , I am absolutely discussed  , when it is the referee that has cost us the win.

What?! I missed the interview, but do you seriously believe the ref cost us the win? They missed 4 gilt-edged chances, we should have been buried.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why would you expect a team made up of youngsters and players approaching retirement to be getting stronger towards the end of the season?

Oh come on. What were those subs all about? Same changes in midfield/upfront gets the same result. No surprise there.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not really, I was just throwing in an alternate viewpoint about changing managers. I'm all in favour of us sticking with the right manager. 😄 We could emulate Watford? Not really, just saying nothing is really written in stone. It should be what is right for the Club, but for the having the right manager is paramount. I'm becoming less convinced its Warne, others think otherwise...that's football. #COYR

Fully appreciate all that at the current time.

I have (obviously) noted your change in tone across various managers and am beginning to understand your reasoning... a bit! 😉

18 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Likely he was happy with it but could see through it, see the reasons it happened but not willing to just ignore the problems even when they weren't taken advantage of which would later hold us back when it came to fixtures later in the season.

Not sure what that even means 🤣

3 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Fully appreciate all that at the current time.

I have (obviously) noted your change in tone across various managers and am beginning to understand your reasoning... a bit! 😉

I start out wanting the new manager to be the one, to try and understand where they are coming from and where they are aiming for. Then as the seasons (or inevitably games) progress it becomes clearer what a manger might be possible of and what they might achieve. Clough Jnr got 5 or so seasons, I thought it was clear after about 3 that he wasn't going anywhere with us. Sometimes that thinking coincides with the view of the owner sometimes it doesn't.

But above all I want success for the Club, we should be able to achieve it with our resources and our 'pull' and our fans. 

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well the traditional performance management method of nothing....nothing.....nothing......sack could perhaps do with a bit of refinement.

How else would DC express his views, assuming he has some?

Talk to him perhaps 🤣

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I start out wanting the new manager to be the one, to try and understand where they are coming from and where they are aiming for. Then as the seasons (or inevitably games) progress it becomes clearer what a manger might be possible of and what they might achieve. Clough Jnr got 5 or so seasons, I thought it was clear after about 3 that he wasn't going anywhere with us. Sometimes that thinking coincides with the view of the owner sometimes it doesn't.

But above all I want success for the Club, we should be able to achieve it with our resources and our 'pull' and our fans. 

But you stuck by Wazza after that turgid end to the season where we could hardly get a point on the board in the last 15 games 🤣

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im not saying u did… intrigued to know what u think we do if we dont go up ? 

yes the owner overspent, however the changing of managers WAS part of the problem imo 

different ideas, different players, different styles, philosophies the lot

And yet one thing we've seen from Warne you can get talented players to adapt at this level, who'd have guessed Sibley would look decent at LFB? Each manager achieved reasonable results with the resources available don't you think. Some managers achieved good results, should they all have achieved better then. Our 'itinerant' managers, who of them have gone on to achieve more, Mac perhaps in a different way at Man U? Lampard at Chelsea? Snake at Millwall? Clement? Cocu? 

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The only thing I can think in response to that is please don't be so dismissive of people who identify concerns early when they're not actually posting negative things but future concerns based not just around current trends.

...but you could equally say  same to me!

An about-face once understanding each others viewpoint does nothing positive for either of us.

Edited by Kokosnuss

4 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

The only thing I can think that is please don't be so dismissive of people who identify concerns early when they're not actually posting negative things but future concerns base not just around current trends.

...but you could equally same to me!

Not sure I understand that last bit. One persons concern is another persons negative?

Anyway, another thing currently annoying me about Warne is, it's become about him it seems. Game before last he said 'no-one could be more 'disappointed' then him (I can't remember the exact phrase and can't be bothered to search it), and I thought 'not keen on that perspective'. But like with Snake if he takes us up who cares.

Edited by RoyMac5