Parking tickets issued in the South car park.

Ram@Lincoln

8 hours ago, Gaspode said:

The problem is that you're assuming the council are capable of logic....

They know they screwed up, but they're not going to publicly admit that as they'd have to cancel all the tickets/refund everyone - as it stands, they can sit back and wait for people to contact them for a refund.....and keep the money from those that pay up without making a fuss....

If I was you, I'd contact the DET - they'd love a story about the council that claims to supportt the club issuing fines to fans that have legitimately paid for their parking....

Superb advice ^ . Egg all over the Council’s face. Make them apologise not just for the inconvenience but also the stress caused. The issuing of parking tickets is yet another stealth tax imposed on us by “the authorities” because it’s so simple and an effective way of generating £££££££’s. 

8 hours ago, LazloW said:

Could be a genuine misunderstanding or mistake by both the club and/or the Council (but everyone likes to give the Council a kicking!).  Might also be an over zealous warden who made an error (the Council probably aren’t going to push them under the bus).

The good thing is it got sorted, albeit it wasted your time and probably caused a degree of concern and frustration.  Things like this shouldn’t happen, but they do. 

The DET do love a story like this though - even though ‘Council mistakenly fine people parking at Pride Park but cancelled it so all’s well that ends well’ isn’t really much of a story.

Parking Blunder by Fat Cat Coucil.

Derby County football club was formed was formed in 1884 as an offshoot of Derbyshire County blah blah ah …….{38 paragraphs of irrelevant padding later} <click here to continue reading> …. ?

7 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Agreed, it's not worth the DET getting involved. For me, the issue is sorted. For the others with tickets, I hope they manage to get theirs cancelled too. It does seem a confusion between the club and council, I just hope it's clarified for the weekend. As said, I've written to the council asking for clarification so fingers crossed get it in time. If I do, I'll post it here.

Don’t hold your breath. 

7 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Agree, car parks make a killing out of this sort of behaviour.  That said, I do hate it when people don't park in their lines.  In the case of your Mrs, it sounds like she was genuinely just off, and if the car park was near as empty, definitely over zealous wardens. 

I took my kids to the local trampoline park recently. Pulled into the very full car park and saw a brand new Merc parked right in the middle of two spaces, clearly to stop his car getting doored.  Selfish bar steward. 

As a Merc driver,  I cannot approbate your prejudicial remarks Sir.

7 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Agree, car parks make a killing out of this sort of behaviour.  That said, I do hate it when people don't park in their lines.  In the case of your Mrs, it sounds like she was genuinely just off, and if the car park was near as empty, definitely over zealous wardens. 

I took my kids to the local trampoline park recently. Pulled into the very full car park and saw a brand new Merc parked right in the middle of two spaces, clearly to stop his car getting doored.  Selfish bar steward. 

For years I drove a Mini (a proper one not the BMW one). And I used to purposely park next to To55ers like that, about 1 inch from their drivers door in the half space they left.  I remember coming back to said mini and watching some poseur going absolutely ape about it, he looked really “cool” trying to get over form the passenger side.  Cried when I sold that car, missus made me sell it before we had our first…

3 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

For years I drove a Mini (a proper one not the BMW one). And I used to purposely park next to To55ers like that, about 1 inch from their drivers door in the half space they left.  I remember coming back to said mini and watching some poseur going absolutely ape about it, he looked really “cool” trying to get over form the passenger side.  Cried when I sold that car, missus made me sell it before we had our first…

So, it was you @Andrew1 ?

19 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

So, it was you @Andrew1 ?

Probabaly, I used to do it as a matter of policy, and for the greater good of society…

D645WAL, was the one I had at the time.  Irony is that my Missus wouldn’t let my then baby daughter in it (so I ended up with a lime green Peugeot 106) and now a mini is the car that my eldest wants, and I’m in the middle of restoring one…

We currently walk over from Chad.  However my dad is getting towards 80, so time will come when parking closer will have to be the way to go…

Edited by Guest

58 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Probabaly, I used to do it as a matter of policy, and for the greater good of society…

D645WAL, was the one I had at the time.  Irony is that my Missus wouldn’t let my then baby daughter in it (so I ended up with a lime green Peugeot 106) and now a mini is the car that my eldest wants, and I’m in the middle of restoring one…

We currently walk over from Chad.  However my dad is getting towards 80, so time will come when parking closer will have to be the way to go…

Good man. 

I’m sorry, but this issue is not the fault of Derby City Council, it’s about DCFC utilising a Derby City Council parking facility and hiking the price to make a fast Buck !! 
If you are savvy and plan ahead you can park for every home game for £3.10p per match using the City Council Mi Parking App,  as you get a 5hr car park pass for £3.10p = £80 a season 

2 hours ago, Keepyuppy said:

I’m sorry, but this issue is not the fault of Derby City Council, it’s about DCFC utilising a Derby City Council parking facility and hiking the price to make a fast Buck !! 
If you are savvy and plan ahead you can park for every home game for £3.10p per match using the City Council Mi Parking App,  as you get a 5hr car park pass for £3.10p = £80 a season 

For £75 I'll tell you where you can park for free..........

26 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Thing is I rather and my dad give money back to derby county every single penny counts and helps club get back on it feet once again will derby city council use money to help improve the city no.

Which is fair enough if they say you can’t park there for friendlies. But it seems they did say you could park there.

As for the council? Do they still want to buy the stadium? What a load of rubbish.

49 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Which is fair enough if they say you can’t park there for friendlies. But it seems they did say you could park there.

As for the council? Do they still want to buy the stadium? What a load of rubbish.

It’s firmly on their agenda once they’ve had a chance to consult with the wider community for which they’ve opened a “speak to us” channel on their website. Click <here> to hear more or contact your local councillor via their usual contact details which is readily available on their #Twitter account. Or e-mail #fcukoff&dontbotherus@derbycity.gov.uk

Edited by Ellafella

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Thing is I rather and my dad give money back to derby county every single penny counts and helps club get back on it feet once again will derby city council use money to help improve the city no.

One of payment for friendlys and you can park your car there all season long even during the cups games.