Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I know that's how many we're getting but I wasn't sure if that was because a) we're only getting the upper tier and b) only the front few rows are being kept empty to protect their fans in the lower tier. Annoying but, I guess, understandable if they're able to split the stand between upper and lower tier which, of course, we're not able to. 

I assume Newcastle got the lower tier as well which would mean our reduced allocation doesn't seem to really have a lot to do with the Newcastle fans.

Well they were complaining how unsafe there ground and then fity council took action and them away fans number got reduced.

38 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well they were complaining how unsafe there ground and then fity council took action and them away fans number got reduced.

Are you going mate?

Don’t get stressed about others who can’t because of the reduced allocation.

Just sing a bit louder, and don’t forget to “sitdarn!” 😝

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Are you going mate?

Don’t get stressed about others who can’t because of the reduced allocation.

Just sing a bit louder, and don’t forget to “sitdarn!” 😝

Yes me and my dad are going but not there on ones we want to go but wont be able to go because of it.

3 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Safe enough if they had been in their allocated seats and not standing in the central stairways.

Surely the council (or whoever it was) wouldn't have enforced a reduced capacity because the fans wouldn't sit down?

In any event, am I right in my belief that the issues were in the lower tier which we're not getting anyway?

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

If course it was

And how do you know that with such certainty? How do you know it was safe but the authorities disagree?

My guess is that the primary reason we’re getting a reduced number of tickets is because we’re only getting the upper tier and  not because of the Newcastle complaints.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Surely the council (or whoever it was) wouldn't have enforced a reduced capacity because the fans wouldn't sit down?

In any event, am I right in my belief that the issues were in the lower tier which we're not getting anyway?

Of course they would, it’s always being threatened, just rarely carried out.

It’s already happened in the East stand at Derby this season.

Every club has a safety certificate review each season.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

And how do you know that with such certainty? How do you know it was safe but the authorities disagree?

My guess is that the primary reason we’re getting a reduced number of tickets is because we’re only getting the upper tier and  not because of the Newcastle complaints.

That's correct. The upper capacity was reduced to 2,400 and the lower to 1,300.

They want to sell the lower to their own fans so aren't giving that to us, hence our small allocation.

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Of course they would, it’s always being threatened, just rarely carried out.

It’s already happened in the East stand at Derby this season.

Every club has a safety certificate review each season.

Not many sitting at wrembly fa cup final.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Not many sitting at wrembly fa cup final.

I think, in the Newcastle situation, it was standing in the aisles that was the issue not standing per se. 

I will concede, based on the various comments, that the Newcastle fans behaviour and subsequent complaints has resulted in a reduced capacity but the overwhelming reason for our reduced number of tickets is because we’re only getting the upper tier. As @angieram implies, if we had both tiers we have something like 3,700 seats.

So, our reduced allocation has very little to do with Newcastle fans and is mainly due to Sheffield wanting to sell the lower tier to their fans.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think, in the Newcastle situation, it was standing in the aisles that was the issue not standing per se. 

I will concede, based on the various comments, that the Newcastle fans behaviour and subsequent complaints has resulted in a reduced capacity but the overwhelming reason for our reduced number of tickets is because we’re only getting the upper tier. As @angieram implies, if we had both tiers we have something like 3,700 seats.

So, our reduced allocation has very little to do with Newcastle fans and is mainly due to Sheffield wanting to sell the lower tier to their fans.

Well, if the Newcastle fans hadn't misbehaved the review would never have happened and we'd have got our usual 3,700 in the upper tier!