I feeling excited about to the season now

B4ev6is

On 03/07/2022 at 12:46, mrdave85 said:

Honestly I just hope the majority of our fanbase recognise our situation. We’re not gonna walk this league, we’re not gonna make star signings anymore. It’s going to be a long slog of a season and depending on who we bring in we could be looking down instead of up. 
The club is going to need at least a couple of seasons to steady the ship, think Nigel Clough era mark 2, and they may all be in League 1. 
I am excited for the change, our club is saved, L1 is new to me as a supporter, the format of the EFL Trophy is confusing, let’s go!!!!!

Yes we’ve got to be realistic but we also cannot forget who we are. We’re Derby County who for the 6th season out of what will be 139 are in tier 3. Our lowest finish last time we were down here was 7th. Let’s not forget who we are, we’re not one of the massive English clubs but we are way bigger than league one, our history demonstrates that. It’s like Aston Villa being in the championship. It doesn’t happen often. 

Even with restrictions we will still have one of the biggest budgets in the league. We are playing catch up which means we might have a slow start. We should not expect promotion as it’s a tough league but we should expect to be competitive (at the very very least top 10 and certainly be looking up the league rather than over the shoulder. 

Honestly, I don't think I've been this excited or emotionally invested into a season (before the season) since the Lampard year (post signing Wilson and Mount). 14/15 before that. 

It seems like the whole city of Derby has got its buzz back and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see crowds 25,000 plus next season - with the opening game close to a sell out. Obviously, it's League One and some will take exception to that, but definitely feels like there is a ton of apatite for it.