Play station 5

Archied

9 minutes ago, maxjam said:

They are still in (extremely) short supply I'm afraid but that should be resolving 'soon' (Derby takeover soon)

https://www.techradar.com/news/why-ps5-shortage

In the meantime keep your eye on twitter accounts such as this, I've snagged several PS5s for family members having advance knowledge of when new stock will drop.

https://twitter.com/PS5StockAlertUK

Thanks ,, if you ever see one or have chance to buy ,please grab it , I’m happy to pay a premium ?

As @maxjam says, following a Stock Watch account and putting notifications on their tweets is needed really because that is what everyone else will be doing.

I found it relatively painless getting mine added to my phone contract with EE once I was aware there was a drop, just because your competition then is limited only to EE customers. Worth a try if you or he or anyone you know is with them? Think I paid £45 up front then pay £45 a month for 11 months for the console and an extra controller which is essentially interest free finance. Don’t think my contract has gone up with inflation yet either but worth baring in mind that that may happen.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

As @maxjam says, following a Stock Watch account and putting notifications on their tweets is needed really because that is what everyone else will be doing.

I found it relatively painless getting mine added to my phone contract with EE once I was aware there was a drop, just because your competition then is limited only to EE customers. Worth a try if you or he or anyone you know is with them? Think I paid £45 up front then pay £45 a month for 11 months for the console and an extra controller which is essentially interest free finance. Don’t think my contract has gone up with inflation yet either but worth baring in mind that that may happen.

I got one Christmas before last by following the stock drop twitter accounts. 

51 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Will do ?

Have just come across the game collection.net who’s say in stock and have ordered and paid with PayPal, anybody had experience with this site , hoping I’ve not got a scam site??‍♂️

47 minutes ago, Archied said:

Have just come across the game collection.net who’s say in stock and have ordered and paid with PayPal, anybody had experience with this site , hoping I’ve not got a scam site??‍♂️

Heard of them before,don't believe they're a scam iirc

2 hours ago, Archied said:

I've just bought the legend of skywalker for my ps5 from them and checked they were legit first. 

PayPal guarantees your money like a credit card these days so your downside risk is low. 

8 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I've just bought the legend of skywalker for my ps5 from them and checked they were legit first. 

PayPal guarantees your money like a credit card these days so your downside risk is low. 

?

Any luck @Archied? I was in the same boat until last November, when I started following a stock watch account on Twitter. First 2 drops I clicked the link 4-5 mins in and was 20,000th in the queue. 3rd time lucky as Argos had some in stock when I clicked and managed to order and collect hassle free.

9 hours ago, r4derby said:

Any luck @Archied? I was in the same boat until last November, when I started following a stock watch account on Twitter. First 2 drops I clicked the link 4-5 mins in and was 20,000th in the queue. 3rd time lucky as Argos had some in stock when I clicked and managed to order and collect hassle free.

Have paid for it and had an email yesterday saying it’s been shipped ,,, fingers crossed it arrives in the next couple of days ?

On 29/03/2022 at 18:35, maxjam said:

They are still in (extremely) short supply I'm afraid but that should be resolving 'soon' (Derby takeover soon)

https://www.techradar.com/news/why-ps5-shortage

In the meantime keep your eye on twitter accounts such as this, I've snagged several PS5s for family members having advance knowledge of when new stock will drop.

https://twitter.com/PS5StockAlertUK

Many thanks ,,, I used your links and hey presto found one in stock at the game collection , it arrived today and I have god like status with my son for a while ,even though he is 30 years old ??

4 hours ago, Archied said:

Many thanks ,,, I used your links and hey presto found one in stock at the game collection , it arrived today and I have god like status with my son for a while ,even though he is 30 years old ??

Wait until he starts using it before you congratulate yourself. 

My son got one on Launch day, and was so disheartened by it dropping the internet connection so frequently he wanted to sell it on, even though it was on a wired connection.

Turns out, after a bit of googling, if you have anything else Sony branded, like our TV, you have to disconnect the internet on that to make the PS5 play nicely! 

Maybe that's been patched now, but its something to look out for.

9 hours ago, Rev said:

Wait until he starts using it before you congratulate yourself. 

My son got one on Launch day, and was so disheartened by it dropping the internet connection so frequently he wanted to sell it on, even though it was on a wired connection.

Turns out, after a bit of googling, if you have anything else Sony branded, like our TV, you have to disconnect the internet on that to make the PS5 play nicely! 

Maybe that's been patched now, but its something to look out for.

Thanks for the heads up?