A new daily game. Name the ex-Ram from his playing career

admira

7 minutes ago, jameso said:

Loved watching Ciccio play. Had an incredible run of goals in consecutive (Premier Lge) games too at one point. Maybe six in a row? Well, it was incredible for us!

8 goals in his first 10 games for us, all in were in 6 consecutive games, had 1 ruled out against Leicester for offside when he was 2-3 yards onside, which would have been a hat trick for him.

52 minutes ago, rynny said:

8 goals in his first 10 games for us, all in were in 6 consecutive games, had 1 ruled out against Leicester for offside when he was 2-3 yards onside, which would have been a hat trick for him.

On a sidenote, Niall Quinn really went off the boil after scoring 10 in 6 didn't he?!

Don't have my crystal ball handy but I have a feeling Haaland may eclipse him on the second list...

EDIT: Or was it Micky Quinn? Actually that would make more sense!

Edited by Guest
confusion over Quinns!

6 minutes ago, jameso said:

On a sidenote, Niall Quinn really went off the boil after scoring 10 in 6 didn't he?!

Don't have my crystal ball handy but I have a feeling Haaland may eclipse him on the second list...

Well he's already scored 14 premier league goals in 8 appearances and it also took him just 6 games to get his first 10 PL goals. So he's now top of both lists. Absolute beast.

1 hour ago, jameso said:

On another side-note. If you want to treat yourself, go onto Youtube, and find the Talksport Clip where the Geordie fan talks about Mickey Quinn.

Here it is:- (listen with volume - prepare to laugh!)

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

On another side-note. If you want to treat yourself, go onto Youtube, and find the Talksport Clip where the Geordie fan talks about Mickey Quinn.

Here it is:- (listen with volume - prepare to laugh!)

As the song says, "you don't know what you've got till it's gone (to Coventry)"

4 hours ago, roboto said:

Well he's already scored 14 premier league goals in 8 appearances and it also took him just 6 games to get his first 10 PL goals. So he's now top of both lists. Absolute beast.

Is that so? Already? I'm starting to think he must have bagged a few more between my message and your reply!

On 06/10/2022 at 10:05, jameso said:

Loved watching Ciccio play. Had an incredible run of goals in consecutive (Premier Lge) games too at one point. Maybe six in a row? Well, it was incredible for us!

He was untouchable that night at Hillsborough when I think you broke your barren league record at ours, battered us 5-2.

On 06/10/2022 at 16:03, jameso said:

As the song says, "you don't know what you've got till it's gone (to Coventry)"

His autobiography was about the only football one i've really enjoyed .  His stories about learning his trade in Derby nightclubs and winding up Warren Barton are a joy.  Speaks very highly of Roy McFarland and about how a letter he received from him when he left Derby and was going to pack up football, is one of his most treasured possessions and inspired him to stick at it.

34 minutes ago, walkleyowl said:

He was untouchable that night at Hillsborough when I think you broke your barren league record at ours, battered us 5-2.

His night of wonder was stolen by the fact Deon Burton scored.  The man Jim Smith described as only missing the ability to score goals to be a top level striker.

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

His night of wonder was stolen by the fact Deon Burton scored.  The man Jim Smith described as only missing the ability to score goals to be a top level striker.

Loved Deon at our place.

Him scoring was only marginally less surreal than us having Bruce Grobbelaar as our sub keeper.

48 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It took me a while to remember his name. It was a bit of a struggle to remember a slavic name signed under Jewell.

Ah, that explains it. I paid good money to a hypnotherapist to have that whole period removed from my memory. Unfortunately she set up a trigger word so it always comes back to me whenever someone mentions the number eleven.

I actually knew this one because I work for a company that has a sponsorship deal with Western United (his current club) in the A-League and he was involved in the goal* that secured them the championship this season.

I recognised the name straight away and did a quick Wikipedia research to see his career path since leaving us. Quite a journey!

*it was an own goal he tried to claim as his own.