Wikipedia

NottmRAM

Does it really matter?

Wikipedia is editided many thousands of times a day users and should not be regarded as a reliable source. I mean I can't really believe that nottingham forest won the european cup twice, but that's what wikipedia says - i'm sure we'd have heard about it? I'm sure forest fans would be proud of it and probably never shut up about it.

13 hours ago, NottmRAM said:

I see the Wikipedia entry for Derby County has been edited today with the owner changed to Quantum Administration (sic) 

With the name of the administrators not even correct, do you think this edit was by;

A. A leeds fan

B. A forest fan

C. A leeds fan

Candy Crush

2 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Who are the current owners?

Technically, the administrators. Hence the wiki edit i suppose. But that is really a technicality, and they are (clue is in the name) administrators of the bankrupcy process.

Same as when the fire brigade go into a burning building, they legally posses the building until the fire is out, it's a technicallity, but means there's no arguning that the fire brigade are in charge of everything that happens (they are obliged to give it back afterwards, other wise you could see an incentive for them...)

Do we technically (or actually) have no owners; or are the administrators technically (or actually) the current owners?

I suppose that the administrators have the authority to do what the owners can do, but it doesn't make them owners.

PS. I didn't know about the fire brigade ownership stuff.

6 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Do we technically (or actually) have no owners; or are the administrators technically (or actually) the current owners?

I suppose that the administrators have the authority to do what the owners can do, but it doesn't make them owners.

The fire brigade one is one of those technicality things that gives them the cover to do what they need to do, not really the sort of thing that's a pressing concern for most people when their house or building is actually burning down.

i learned that one day when someone set off a fire alarm in one of the university buildings and the head was giving a ranty telling off speach about how much these call outs cost and why we couldn't go back in even though it was freezing and raining.

In terms of do the administrators own the business, i'm not sure, i think you're right in terms of the authority they have but they probably don't "own" and are just appointed for the set duties - so i think it must be technically not owned (as in insovancy) all queries to Quantuma.

10 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

The administrators are administering the running of the club but wouldn't say that they owned it. So my answer would be nobody. Tin hat on at the ready.

On 09/01/2022 at 21:46, NottmRAM said:

I see the Wikipedia entry for Derby County has been edited today with the owner changed to Quantum Administration (sic) 

With the name of the administrators not even correct, do you think this edit was by;

A. A leeds fan

B. A forest fan

C. A leeds fan

deliverance banjo GIF      Leeds fan replies , i dont know no Wikipedia , i just play my banjo