East Anglia bus to Derby

EastAnglianRam

Hi all,

A bit of a long shot but would any of the East Anglian guys here be interested if I were to organise a mini bus too/from Pride Park for one of the matches in the New year? I was quoted around £600 at the start of the season for a return journey with stops at Colchester and Ipswich. Depending on where people are from, we could possibly get a stop in at Chelmsford or Cambridge also to boost numbers. We’d need about 14/15 I’d say to make it worthwhile at around £40 each. Let me know if interested and if we get the numbers I’ll think about the best way of trying to organise it.

I know it’s perhaps unlikely but thought I’d throw it out there and means I would be able to have a few drinks on the bus rather than drive for a change!

Up the Rams ? 

11 hours ago, bassingham ram said:

I’d be up for it, I live just outside bury and just love the way this team plays the game. Count me in

Perfect. I’ve put it out on Twitter too so see if there is further interest there. Looking at the route, we could stop around Bury as it is on the way.

If other people are interested we could potentially look at pick up points around the following:

Colchester

Ipswich

Stowmarket

Bury St Edmunds

Newmarket

Cambridge

All just depends on numbers and where people are from. Thanks all ??

32 minutes ago, admira said:

Possibly but would depend on date chosen as diary pretty full. 

Might be worth getting another quote as I reckon fuel price increases have out that price up by now.

That’d be fantastic. Would the Peterborough game work (19/2)? How many of you would come do you think as I seem to remember a few of you going along when I saw you at Millwall the other season?

Yes, if we can get it there then I’ll ring round all the companies and see what quotes I can get. Ultimately it has to be worth doing for us all in terms of cost.

3 hours ago, EastAnglianRam said:

Perfect. I’ve put it out on Twitter too so see if there is further interest there. Looking at the route, we could stop around Bury as it is on the way.

If other people are interested we could potentially look at pick up points around the following:

Colchester

Ipswich

Stowmarket

Bury St Edmunds

Newmarket

Cambridge

All just depends on numbers and where people are from. Thanks all ??

Any chance of adding the Linton Travel Tavern to that list? 

18 hours ago, Ramrob said:

Hi EastAnglianRam,

I'm Ipswich-based so could be interested. Would depend on the date though.

If not that then an away game around here (next season might be better!) or meet up for a beer or two over a tv game. 

?

That’s great Rob. We are looking at the Peterborough game, does that work for you (19/2)?

Looking like a few games in the area next season to go to, but would be nice to get a few of us locally to meet up and go to PP also ? 

On 29/12/2021 at 13:16, EastAnglianRam said:

That’d be fantastic. Would the Peterborough game work (19/2)? How many of you would come do you think as I seem to remember a few of you going along when I saw you at Millwall the other season?

Yes, if we can get it there then I’ll ring round all the companies and see what quotes I can get. Ultimately it has to be worth doing for us all in terms of cost.

I can't make that one unfortunately as already signed up to take the Mrs away for a surprise weekend away. Peterborough at home would indeed be a surprise but not quite what she is expecting!

I know one Ipswich based fan on here who is a ST holder with his family but unfortunately it'll work out cheaper for the four of them to drive in one car than the price you've been quoted per person for the bus. I think the cost could be the issue here.

I tell you what, and I know I’m getting all unnecessarily excited, but how much do you all love this side? 3 wins in a row with a team cobbled together of freebies, youth and experience. We’ve had a Lot more talented teams show nowhere near this level of fight or effort. I wanna see them in the flesh, and I wanna sing very loudly, so come on east anglia, let’s get it on!

10 hours ago, bassingham ram said:

I tell you what, and I know I’m getting all unnecessarily excited, but how much do you all love this side? 3 wins in a row with a team cobbled together of freebies, youth and experience. We’ve had a Lot more talented teams show nowhere near this level of fight or effort. I wanna see them in the flesh, and I wanna sing very loudly, so come on east anglia, let’s get it on!

I agree. Great to see a team rather than 11 individuals and together they are already achieving more than we all thought possible. If we even come close to staying up then it is something very special. If we do pull it off then perhaps we’ll upgrade this mini bus idea to an open topper ?

Just a quick update - we are up to 8 plus a few maybe's that are looking to let me know whether they can make it. I'm going to contact transport companies over the next week or so and get some revised quotes for travel. If anyone else can join for the Peterborough game on the 19th Feb, please DM me and I will add you to the list. If all looks feasible price-wise I'll message anyone that has said that they are interested and set up a WhatsApp group to confirm prices and final numbers. I will look to do this around the first week of Feb so that everyone knows if they can definitely come or not ? 

Also if any of those responded would like more than one seat for friends/family then please let me know as at the moment I am assuming all those that have said yes are needing one seat only.

Match tickets at Pride Park are only £20 at the moment so get involved if you can. Currently we have stops at Colchester and Copdock. If numbers increase and those additional fans would like stops in Bury/Cambridge then we can add those in but I'm conscious that this may increase the quotes, so I won't request that unless needed, but let me know!