Survive if we convert 1-in-3 draws into wins?

Ken Tram

15 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

We need 11+ points from every batch of 7 games, so 11/21 points available.

Requires an average of 1.65 ppg

Our current ppg is 1.28

14 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Required average is 1.62 not 1.65

Hold on. 11÷7 = 1.57 ppg (not 1.65) LOL

To be fair, it's why I did the "converting draws into wins" stat, because it's hard to envisage what various ppg look like.

6 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Hold on. 11÷7 = 1.57 ppg (not 1.65) LOL

To be fair, it's why I did the "converting draws into wins" stat, because it's hard to envisage what various ppg look like.

11pts from every 7, that would put us on 44 overall but I put 11+ as I think we need at least 45pts if we can keep our goal difference decent.

So 34 points needed from 21 games = 1.62ppg

On 04/01/2022 at 14:15, Quagga said:

Bit confused ?

Was the Reading match, one of those losses we converted into a draw?
Or a draw we missed out on converting into a win?

Feels a bit like both

It could be either. The conversion rate works best looking backwards! Are we good enough to be converting results if we replayed the batches now? And, if so, that means we're good enough to survive.

But it still work looking forwards! I think it was a game that we have been drawing so far this season. And we drew it. And that's okay!

The point is that the way we played is okay, and good enough to be able to win matches.

The danger, I think, would be if we change our style to chase wins, and end up losing matches.

8 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

There's lots of talk on Bristol City forum about the £38m overspend. But their expert blogger (Mr Popodopolous) reckons they would not get a points reduction until next season.

Next season points I've seen, you said 'assuming both it will be this season...' So just you saying this season?

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Next season points I've seen, you said 'assuming both it will be this season...' So just you saying this season?

Don't know what your'e trying to put across there ? All I've stated is what's on the the Bristol City Forum. They also talk about lots of clubs that will be submitting their accounts very shortly. With lost revenue (due to Covid) with advertising, gate reciepts, sponsorships and very little transfers out. They, being Bristol and Stoke want the EFL to alter the P&S and FFP rules and guidlines. If they don't, they forsee lots of clubs failing and having points deductions. If the EFL adjust any of their rules to help out clubs who could fall short, then what about Reading who have had 6 points deducted already.

8 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Don't know what your'e trying to put across there ? All I've stated is what's on the the Bristol City Forum. ...

1 hour ago, I know nuffin said:

Reports that Bristol city are going to take a points deduction for 38 million overspend. Assuming both it will be this season and 9 points drops them to 21 points, another target for us

I'm not putting across anything but I am asking where you got YOUR statement (above) from?! Basically you made it up? All the potential points deduction talk, (were that to happen) is currently being talked about for next season. Not this season as you say.

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not putting across anything but I am asking where you got YOUR statement (above) from?! Basically you made it up? All the potential points deduction talk, (were that to happen) is currently being talked about for next season. Not this season as you say.

Look on Bristol City forum under the title "City release accounts-ouch" page 25 is interesting reading.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Absolutely bonkers" ?

Bristol City CEO Richard Gould has said the club may take a points deduction instead of selling their best players.

It's after they announced losses of £38m.

@JustinPeach27 says he doesn't like that attitude at all?

#BristolCity https://t.co/Sc2jWZWstZ

3 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

"Absolutely bonkers" ?

Bristol City CEO Richard Gould has said the club may take a points deduction instead of selling their best players.

It's after they announced losses of £38m.

@JustinPeach27 says he doesn't like that attitude at all?

#BristolCity https://t.co/Sc2jWZWstZ

Damn it would be next season

Just now, plymouthram said:

Look back over the blogs, I never mentioned this season, it was "I Know Nuffin" and even he corrected himself and stated "Damn it would be next season"

He has just stated that. You popped up in the middle of the thread and I asked about the 'this season' point. That was all I wanted clarification over. I've previously been on the BC board when the figures came out.