Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Interesting news has come out that Tom Wood has been serving a 6 month anti-doping ban. Caused by his asthma inhaler he's had since childhood. The problem is he didn't declare he was using it. He has been cleared of any attempt to cheat and is now available to play again.

I do love how many elite sports folks are asthmatic. Seems particularly prevalent in pro-cycling. Must be all the exhaust fumes when they're out cycling.

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Brooke Guest is going to be stranded on 96 at this rate!

Took matters into his own hands ?

What a find he has been. Hopefully, the tail can not be as abysmal as has usually been the case this season and stick around with him for a bit.

3 minutes ago, Reverend said:

Maybe Notts will bat again and not enforce the follow on ?

If the forecast wasnt so dodgy, they probably would to be honest. The follow on is very much out of fashion. All the sports analysts coming up with the data about tired bowlers etc..

Weatherwise, it would be impossible to imagine a worse toss to lose, especially against so strong a team. Amazing what test revenues can do for you. One of my dad's biblical quotes, "For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath."

1 minute ago, Grumpy Git said:

Without wishing to derail their efforts, the Derbyshire openers are doing a fine job in the second innings.

Currently 74/0 FO, still 226 runs adrift.

I wasn't daring to say anything myself ??

I wonder if it's the highest opening stand of the season yet?

16 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Don't know what tomorrow's weather will bring, but I'd like to hope it's sunny and very hot and we bat the day out. Keep the b******s in the field for what is it, 8 sessions?

Always 3 sessions, even if it means one of the sessions ends up being 15 hours long like today.

The forecast suggests plenty of rain about tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Always 3 sessions, even if it means one of the sessions ends up being 15 hours long like today.

The forecast suggests plenty of rain about tomorrow.

I really meant 8 sessions from the start of the 1st of our innings. Wasn't sure about the local weather, I'm on holiday in Somerset, very little rain forecast for a day or two.?