Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

I’m a very casual cricket fan and managed to bag a couple of free tickets through the missus’ work to go last night, and I have to say I really enjoyed the performance by Derbyshire and the evening as a whole.

It made me step back and realise that’s exactly how sport should be viewed and how much of a downer it has been following Derby’s woes off the pitch these past couple of years.

Sport shouldn’t be about accounting policies and legal battles between other clubs, it’s about enjoying the moment with friends and family win, lose or draw.

Will be looking to go again soon!

A return of the red ball brings another loan signing in the bowling department.

24 year old Toby Pettman from Notts. He’s never played from them, his only first class experience is playing for Oxford university teams.

Looks like Scrimshaw and Kerr will be rested against Middlesex, which I suppose makes sense. I would like to see Kerr play some red ball cricket though.

8DC6736F-DEFC-404C-A163-4C88BD5DF1FF.jpeg

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

today’s team, as suspected no Kerr or Scrimshaw and we go with 2 spinners.

E151D7DD-6C33-46DE-95A6-43D1D9089BF0.jpeg

Understand no Scrimshaw but is Kerr injured? Hopefully Reece is fit to bowl otherwise we look a bit short in the bowling department…

38 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Understand no Scrimshaw but is Kerr injured? Hopefully Reece is fit to bowl otherwise we look a bit short in the bowling department…

In the article on the club website about Pettman’s signing, they said they are managing both players overs ?‍♂️

Middlesex are playing 2 spinners as well, so they must be expecting turn.

Middlesex bowled out for 251 - which after they won the toss and batted is a good effort, but I can't help but feel it should have been better. More dropped catches and at 175-7 possibly let the lower order add to many runs.

This will be a big innings, looks like there's something in the pitch for every type of bowler already on day 1, so you don't want to be chasing many in the 4th innings.