Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Whiteley had a blast and got himself a 50, a slight glimmer of light with the skippers 50 and Reece’s bowling efforts…but overall a fairly pathetic effort.

The batting has completely gone to pieces, but letting them go from 165-5 to 406-6 was as pathetic as the batting. The amount of catches we drop is quite frankly village cricket, we make bizarre decisions at the toss, chop and change the team all over the place, and do odd thing like promoting Chappell to bat at 4 in the T20.

It’s a complete mess.

17 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Whiteley had a blast and got himself a 50, a slight glimmer of light with the skippers 50 and Reece’s bowling efforts…but overall a fairly pathetic effort.

The batting has completely gone to pieces, but letting them go from 165-5 to 406-6 was as pathetic as the batting. The amount of catches we drop is quite frankly village cricket, we make bizarre decisions at the toss, chop and change the team all over the place, and do odd thing like promoting Chappell to bat at 4 in the T20.

It’s a complete mess.

It was only a couple of seasons ago that I'd have said our fielding was pretty good and that the only things we lacked were a strike bowler and a solid opener. I think members deserve to know what the hell have the coaches been doing to make every aspect of our cricket go to pot.

5 hours ago, SKHunter said:

Am I missing something here? The T20 on Saturday has been altered to an 1830 start so that we can see both the England football and the T20 game.  I make it that with the 1700 football kick off, it'll finish at 1845 at the earliest. 🤪

Was it supposed to be earlier?

5 hours ago, SKHunter said:

Am I missing something here? The T20 on Saturday has been altered to an 1830 start so that we can see both the England football and the T20 game.  I make it that with the 1700 football kick off, it'll finish at 1845 at the earliest. 🤪

We'll be all out before the football has finished.