Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

31 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Dizzy heights of third.

Does anyone know how the opponents you only play once are decided?

Its always Durham & Worcestershire for us, and Durham seem to always be bad at T20 recantly and having lost so many players Worcester are really struggling too.

Meanwhile, Leicestershire only face Lancashire and “Birmingham” once who are both always 2 of the stronger teams 🤔

IMG_6144.png

Its based on trying to give us as least chance as possible as making finals day. Why not play everyone twice? Always found it strange.

25 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Its based on trying to give us as least chance as possible as making finals day. Why not play everyone twice? Always found it strange.

With all the moaning about fixture congestion, sadly the sensible option of playing everyone twice seems unlikely. Going back to 3 division means only 10 games which isn't enough for the format that generates the most money.

ECB always has to make their competitions weird. In division 1 of the championship a team plays 5 teams twice and 4 teams once. I'm not going down that rabbit hole unless we get promoted….

Edited by jimbo jones

8 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

With all the moaning about fixture congestion, sadly the sensible option of playing everyone twice seems unlikely. Going back to 3 division means only 10 games which isn't enough for the format that generates the most money.

ECB always has to make their competitions weird. In division 1 of the championship a team plays 5 teams twice and 4 teams once. I'm not going down that rabbit hole unless we get promoted….

I’ve got an idea to reduce the fixture congestion. Bin off the 100 for men’s cricket  ( great for ladies game ). 

59 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I’ve got an idea to reduce the fixture congestion. Bin off the 100 for men’s cricket  ( great for ladies game ). 

Well, certainly. Even on the womens side, just give their normal club games that exposure. I find women’s cricket a good watch without the 100.

One good thing that has come out of it is counties realising doing the “double header” like we are on Sunday with The Blaze playing before we do is a viable option. 

133-7

That was hard work.

I do think it looks a tougher pitch to bat on that what we usually see, with the weather (apparently they couldn't get the covers on properly when lightning came at the end of the Northants game) and the earlier game…..but that still feels very low. Only Lloyd really ever got going, with Guest doing a decent job batting through.

26 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Anyone know the status of these players : Tom Wood Ben aitchinson & Lamb ? 

Playing in club cricket, has played some seconds cricket this season, has a back issue which I'd guess is keeping him out of the team. His mobility is seriously hampered and I don't think you can get away with him and Samit in the field together.

29 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Not a great performance. As someone once said, you don’t know how bad Derbyshire have been until both have batted on it. Should be back in time for the England game now though. 

The batting was a struggle, but its easier to bat when the opposition bowlers are bowling waist high on the full and down leg side. Been a poor performance all-round.

11 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Samit & Wagstaff bowling well. On these slow pitches you need more spin/slow options. So will Whiteley & Lloyd get a bowl 🤔

Stopped watching. We’re making no attempt to stop the singles which just means this is a precession.

Still struggle to know why we don’t put Whiteley in during the power play.

Plus batting first today???