Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

13 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We had that wobble in the middle of our innings which cost us. With Donald in the side I think we will be competitive 😊

I’d quite like to see Donald and Lloyd open the batting. Reece took an age to get going by current T20 standards, which was the reason he lost his place in the team last season. Though I'd probably keep him in the team down the order. Madsen should be in at 3 and Whiteley earlier than 7.

I have to have a grumble about the overseas situation, only having one in the team is a waste but even when Amir eventually comes, looking at last night’s team, Tickner is who you'd replace him with. A solely T20 deal like we had for Zaman Khan last season, for someone who could bat and possibly bowl some spin or medium pace for variety would have been good.

13 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

We have a decent squad, enough to compete to make it to the knockout stages. Winning it might be a touch optimistic though 😂

It might help if we didn’t forfeit home advantage in one of our home games. I went to edgebaston last year I shan’t be going tomorrow, from the members I’ve spoken to I think the number going tomorrow will be down on last year. If I wanted to watch home matches in Birmingham I’d have bought a Warwickshire membership 

26 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

It might help if we didn’t forfeit home advantage in one of our home games. I went to edgebaston last year I shan’t be going tomorrow, from the members I’ve spoken to I think the number going tomorrow will be down on last year. If I wanted to watch home matches in Birmingham I’d have bought a Warwickshire membership 

Yeah I'm not a fan of it. It’s not even this opening blast off thing its supposed to be, everyone including us has already played. Just seems pointless.

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

We have a decent squad, enough to compete to make it to the knockout stages. Winning it might be a touch optimistic though 😂

Do we though?

No decent spin option but Patel may be able to go at 7 an over.

Not sure we have the 20/20 depth in the fast bowlers. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Brits (Chappell and Brown) are our stars here.

Whiteley and Donald I have hope in. I can’t say watching last night made me say “buy a ticket for the Notts clash” and given that is still being advertised everywhere, I imagine sales are low.