Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

21 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Peakfan says rumours Pat Brown of Worcestershire could be joining us 😳 Be a great signing 😁

That would be good, don’t think he ever plays much in the championship for them, so sell him the chance to play all formats and get him here 😃

On 04/07/2023 at 09:05, angieram said:

I've not seen much discussion of the cricket report in here or the England thread, but while it's quiet, thought I'd mention the following.

Just my experience,  but I'm a member at Derbyshire. EVERY time I enter the pavilion, I am asked to show my membership card by the old man on the door, who is suitably blazered up and part of the furniture. If it's face up in its holder, I'm asked to turn it round. Same with my husband.

Must have done that 20 times in the past few weeks. Never a smile or an acknowledgement  let alone an hello. 

Because we prefer to sit on the terraces rather than the clubhouse balcony  we dress casually with lots of layers. Is that why we're treated with suspicion? Might we expect to be recognised at some point? 

At the same time, he is waving other smartly dressed people through with a cheery hello and no checks whatsoever. 

It's starting to get on my nerves as the bloke clearly needs some re-training. 

It's the little things like this that make experiences unpleasant. The golf was similar last week. Full of little jobsworths with an over-inflated sense of self-importance. 

May I suggest you wear a Tiara and when entering the Racecourse you hold your right hand in the fashion where he is expected to kiss your ring 😁

Failing that, Don't come in from the Chaddesden side 😉

6 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

May I suggest you wear a Tiara and when entering the Racecourse you hold your right hand in the fashion where he is expected to kiss your ring 😁

Failing that, Don't come in from the Chaddesden side 😉

I am feeling much better now I know that it's not just me he has a problem with! Such a shame as the other staff are all very welcoming. 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I am feeling much better now I know that it's not just me he has a problem with! Such a shame as the other staff are all very welcoming. 

If you don't like dealing with the public, find another job. If he's always like this, I'd write the club a letter. Perhaps they're unaware and there's no excuse for treating patrons with anything but respect if they are being respectful themselves.

The other option would be to absolutely smother him with kindness. Probably won't change anything, but it'll irritate the piss out of him by the sounds of things.

11 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

If you don't like dealing with the public, find another job. If he's always like this, I'd write the club a letter. Perhaps they're unaware and there's no excuse for treating patrons with anything but respect if they are being respectful themselves.

The other option would be to absolutely smother him with kindness. Probably won't change anything, but it'll irritate the piss out of him by the sounds of things.

He's very old, even by my standards! 

I expect he's a volunteer and this role is very important to his wellbeing. Funnily enough, that's exactly what I am doing - being extra nice and asking how he is etc... 🙂

Squad for tomorrow’s game at Sussex.

Conners and Lakmal are back.

Aitchison has been ruled out for the rest of the season 😕

Lamb out with a back injury, Chappell rested because of a tendon issue.

With the T20’s done it's got to be time to see Scrimshaw with a red ball.

IMG_2846.jpeg

On 06/07/2023 at 09:38, angieram said:

He's very old, even by my standards! 

I expect he's a volunteer and this role is very important to his wellbeing. Funnily enough, that's exactly what I am doing - being extra nice and asking how he is etc... 🙂

Perhaps you should change tack and be objectionable with him. Ask, no, demand why it's necessary to show your season tickets every time you arrive. Perhaps suggest he goes to SpecSavers, that sort of thing.

17 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Squad for tomorrow’s game at Sussex.

Conners and Lakmal are back.

Aitchison has been ruled out for the rest of the season 😕

Lamb out with a back injury, Chappell rested because of a tendon issue.

With the T20’s done it's got to be time to see Scrimshaw with a red ball.

IMG_2846.jpeg

Wood and Potts are the two to miss out. 

du Plooy actually won the toss, and we are having a bowl.

Edited by jimbo jones

1 hour ago, Henrycav81 said:

Sussex 150-0 at lunch, the county championship as been really disappointing this season was really expecting us to kick on this year after the encouraging season last year 

Yeah, the bowling attack hasn’t been very good, not helped by injuries to every one of them at some point. Conners hasn’t looked like the guy who got 50 wickets last season, hopes he and Aitchison would kick on haven’t materialised. Chappell has been good but now he’s injured, Lakmal has been underwhelming, and it seems there’s still concerns over Scrimshaw holding up in a 4 day game. It was a good, fast 3 over spell this morning, but the fact he only bowled 3 overs is telling.

Having said that, if we had managed to get over the line against Leicestershire and Worcestershire, and it had gone the other way against Yorkshire, it looks a lot different. Finally got a couple of wickets.

one advatange of (hopefully) batting last, is teams need to go for wins at this point in the season, so maybe we get a generous declaration 👀🤞😂