Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

I was there yesterday and I don’t think Derbyshire were as bad as it seemed. The key difference was the batting towards the long boundary to me, in Derbyshires last 10 over either the ball wouldn’t carry or they’d hit high into a blustery wind. Lyth and Malan kept the ball on the ground and could find the pockets whilst keeping the run rate ticking over. Yeah you can maybe criticise the bowling a little bit but you are talking about international standard bats-men on a pitch that was to home advantage (I think this is part of the problem when it comes to form for Yorkshire players in the England set up, but that’s another debate for another day), but I think Derbyshire could have hit 200 and most likely it’d be knocked off. 

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

I was there yesterday and I don’t think Derbyshire were as bad as it seemed. The key difference was the batting towards the long boundary to me, in Derbyshires last 10 over either the ball wouldn’t carry or they’d hit high into a blustery wind. Lyth and Malan kept the ball on the ground and could find the pockets whilst keeping the run rate ticking over. Yeah you can maybe criticise the bowling a little bit but you are talking about international standard bats-men on a pitch that was to home advantage (I think this is part of the problem when it comes to form for Yorkshire players in the England set up, but that’s another debate for another day), but I think Derbyshire could have hit 200 and most likely it’d be knocked off. 

Yeah, having a team that can play well to your home ground conditions is a major factor in T20.

I think we would have needed 220 to put some scoreboard pressure on them.

20 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Need some rain…a lot of it I think 🤔 

Our batting lineup should be able to chase 194 on our pitch - its a 200 deck. 

Its a revised total of 187 off 19. Tom Wood not impressed with only 7 runs taken off for 1 over lost.

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

123-3 as it starts tipping it down with rain. We are well ahead thanks to Donald on the DLS score needed, so they can stay off for me 👀😂

Its hammering it down. No chance they get back on. 

3 wins from 6 with a big game against the Brummies on Sunday.

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

123-3 as it starts tipping it down with rain. We are well ahead thanks to Donald on the DLS score needed, so they can stay off for me 👀😂

Watching on the stream from a hotel in Skeggy - Donald is a special player isn't he? Only criticism from me is that he didn't know he had a free hit.

We seem to be a ten man team though, no disrespect to Wagstaff but both him and Thompson are struggling for whoever plays. Bring in a seamer instead? Let Madsen turn his arm over? (if he still can).

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Watching on the stream from a hotel in Skeggy - Donald is a special player isn't he? Only criticism from me is that he didn't know he had a free hit.

We seem to be a ten man team though, no disrespect to Wagstaff but both him and Thompson are struggling for whoever plays. Bring in a seamer instead? Let Madsen turn his arm over? (if he still can).

Think it was Wood who said on commentary Madsen has told him he wants to start bowling again. I’m happy for Wagstaff to stay in the team but I don't think he should bowl more than 2 overs. Whiteley should have 2 or mix Madsen or even Lloyd in.

Dizzy heights of third.

Does anyone know how the opponents you only play once are decided?

Its always Durham & Worcestershire for us, and Durham seem to always be bad at T20 recantly and having lost so many players Worcester are really struggling too.

Meanwhile, Leicestershire only face Lancashire and “Birmingham” once who are both always 2 of the stronger teams 🤔

IMG_6144.png