Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

19 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Harry Came eventually got his chance and has nailed down a place as our opener in all formats now, at just 24 that's great news.

Looking at Harry Cames scores after coming into the team, he scored between 27 and 56 in all 6 off his innings with scores of 34, 27, 43, 45, 56 & 43.

Great consistency, next year the hope will be he goes on and makes a big score of 70+

Back to the red ball stuff next Monday. Going to be a long week with no cricket to watch, might have to find something useful to do 🤔

54 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Looking at Harry Cames scores after coming into the team, he scored between 27 and 56 in all 6 off his innings with scores of 34, 27, 43, 45, 56 & 43.

Great consistency, next year the hope will be he goes on and makes a big score of 70+

Back to the red ball stuff next Monday. Going to be a long week with no cricket to watch, might have to find something useful to do 🤔

Test match starts Thursday might be a bit feisty 

I've not seen much discussion of the cricket report in here or the England thread, but while it's quiet, thought I'd mention the following.

Just my experience,  but I'm a member at Derbyshire. EVERY time I enter the pavilion, I am asked to show my membership card by the old man on the door, who is suitably blazered up and part of the furniture. If it's face up in its holder, I'm asked to turn it round. Same with my husband.

Must have done that 20 times in the past few weeks. Never a smile or an acknowledgement  let alone an hello. 

Because we prefer to sit on the terraces rather than the clubhouse balcony  we dress casually with lots of layers. Is that why we're treated with suspicion? Might we expect to be recognised at some point? 

At the same time, he is waving other smartly dressed people through with a cheery hello and no checks whatsoever. 

It's starting to get on my nerves as the bloke clearly needs some re-training. 

It's the little things like this that make experiences unpleasant. The golf was similar last week. Full of little jobsworths with an over-inflated sense of self-importance. 

45 minutes ago, angieram said:

I've not seen much discussion of the cricket report in here or the England thread, but while it's quiet, thought I'd mention the following.

Just my experience,  but I'm a member at Derbyshire. EVERY time I enter the pavilion, I am asked to show my membership card by the old man on the door, who is suitably blazered up and part of the furniture. If it's face up in its holder, I'm asked to turn it round. Same with my husband.

Must have done that 20 times in the past few weeks. Never a smile or an acknowledgement  let alone an hello. 

Because we prefer to sit on the terraces rather than the clubhouse balcony  we dress casually with lots of layers. Is that why we're treated with suspicion? Might we expect to be recognised at some point? 

At the same time, he is waving other smartly dressed people through with a cheery hello and no checks whatsoever. 

It's the little things like this that make experiences unpleasant. The golf was similar last week. Full of little jobsworths with an over-inflated sense of self-importance. 

I was chatting to a mate last night, mainly about the test match to be honest, but he made a point about the ICEC’s report last week and how what’s it’s saying trickles down into what happened in the Long Room and other odd behaviours we’ve seen ourselves elsewhere at other grounds. 

Whilst I don’t want to push a direct link to that report and your situation, it might be he’s a bit of a silly bugger, it is that elitism and privilege aspect that does desperately need change and I hope isn’t ignored. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

"Gatekeeping" as a concept goes far beyond physical gate keeping.

You see it in all kinds of aspects of life and that's strongly what this sounds like. "Oh you can be here, but, you're not part of our club"

Weirdly loads of fandoms have the same thing in their own ways, I find F1 and Star Trek (online admittedly) both to be quite snide for example.

I’m also a member who only uses the pavilion occasionally I can assure he’s like that with me and my mates and we’re usually dressed smart (shorts and flip flops) 

I was considering membership this year, Long story short, it's difficult for me to get to games (or any type of event) at the moment so I didn't. I will do eventually, but I can't envision myself going into the members pavilion because what you describe is exactly what I expected 😕

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

I was considering membership this year, Long story short, it's difficult for me to get to games (or any type of event) at the moment so I didn't. I will do eventually, but I can't envision myself going into the members pavilion because what you describe is exactly what I expected 😕

The people who watch from the pavilion are fine not pretentious at all and the staff that work up there are great just the old fellow at the bottom office checking passes is a bit miserable. I find Derbyshire spectators are I nice bunch and you can talk to most people about anything down there

3 hours ago, angieram said:

A friend gave me his passes to the Pavillon to go with my son and Grandson last year. Said we would be able to access the Pavilion so we went along for a look. Your ‘friend’ was there and strictly charged us that we could not go into one of the rooms as we were inappropriately dressed in shorts. When we got upstairs and looked in clearly this was not the case! We did not hang around long and enjoyed the game with the great unwashed of Derby. Not the welcoming face of the club I’m sad to say.

4 minutes ago, Sufferingfool said:

A friend gave me his passes to the Pavillon to go with my son and Grandson last year. Said we would be able to access the Pavilion so we went along for a look. Your ‘friend’ was there and strictly charged us that we could not go into one of the rooms as we were inappropriately dressed in shorts. When we got upstairs and looked in clearly this was not the case! We did not hang around long and enjoyed the game with the great unwashed of Derby. Not the welcoming face of the club I’m sad to say.

There’s 2 rooms up there one for normal membership and one for executive membership I’m not sure if shorts are allowed in executive membership I’ve certainly  never been questioned about shorts in the members pavilion 

4 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

There’s 2 rooms up there one for normal membership and one for members who went to the right school. I’m not sure if shorts are allowed in executive membership I’ve certainly never been questioned about shorts in the members pavilion 

FTFY

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

FTFY

You don’t have to go to the right school mate just have to pay about £400 a season more to be an executive member anyone can be an executive member. Derbyshire’s committee walk round the ground at the championship games and chat and answer any questions they’re very approachable.To be honest I’ve not encountered  any snobbery at the club. As Angie says there’s just a grumpy git on the door downstairs no relation of yours is he 😀

Edited by Henrycav81

5 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

There’s 2 rooms up there one for normal membership and one for executive membership I’m not sure if shorts are allowed in executive membership I’ve certainly  never been questioned about shorts in the members pavilion 

My friend had executive membership and it was that lounge we were told not to enter. There were people in there in shorts it was a very hot day. When I told them this later they were surprised. It was not a problem really had a great day but the chap on the door was not particularly welcoming and over officious.

11 hours ago, angieram said:

He is a grumpy old man, Surprised he was funny with you @angieram it's usually just us youngsters he is awkward with 

Derbyshire poaching players mid season for next year 😱

The worlds gone mad 😂

A good player who can bowl a bit as well as open the batting or drop into the middle order. Scored a triple century last season against us 🤦‍♂️ 

Reaction from Glamorgan fans is one of disappointment but understanding his reasons of wanting to play somewhere closer to home…..he lives in North Wales.

Edit: worth noting he’s Glamorgans captain.

The 

Edited by jimbo jones

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Derbyshire poaching players mid season for next year 😱

The worlds gone mad 😂

A good player who can bowl a bit as well as open the batting or drop into the middle order. Scored a triple century last season against us 🤦‍♂️ 

Reaction from Glamorgan fans is one of disappointment but understanding his reasons of wanting to play somewhere closer to home…..he lives in North Wales.

Edit: worth noting he’s Glamorgans captain.

The 

Good signing, not sure what that means for Reece 🤔