Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

8 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Good signing that. Poached from Leicestershire by Notts, and has since had a couple of loan spells at Gloucestershire, including this season. Been around since 2015 so adds some 
much needed experience to the bowling unit, but only turns 26 later this month. Had his injury problems, which has slowed the progress he’d have hoped to make, but just the sort of signings we want to strengthen the squad.

Edit: I’ve had a thought ?

Chappell will play for Notts in the one day cup, but I wonder if there will be a loan once that’s finished for the last 3 championship games. I would think there’s a reasonable chance.

My Notts mate says Fast wicket taker but can be expensive. Decent number 8 or 9 bat

2 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

This 100 rubbish is a bit of a damp squib.

Noticed, du Plooy and Scrimshaw weren’t playing for the Wales team ?‍♂️ With Bairstow pulling out and other than a handful of players the overseas aren’t exactly superstars, it’ll be interesting too see where it goes this year.

Hopefully down the tubes ?

16 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah think he’s like 6’6, Mickey going down the team of giant fast bowlers route ?

17 hours ago, sage said:

My Notts mate says Fast wicket taker but can be expensive. Decent number 8 or 9 bat

A taller version of Conners then....

11 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would rather watch Mrs Brown’s Boys….well, actually that might be taking it a bit too far ?

I go back to the late 60s and 70s, John Player league 40 over format, Gillette Cup 60 over format and the 5 day Championship, The winter break was mid Sept until April with some players going to Oz to ply their trade, Now we have 365 Cricket, Players are realising now that their bodies and the travelling is taking it's toll, The 100 is another format to give fans/people a spectacle and it works, It's a donkey version of the 20/20 but with a mix of different players longer overs ect ect, To have large blocks of scores at the side/bottom of the TV is a distraction...they've just bastardised 20/20.

Someone listening...?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/62426701

39 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I go back to the late 60s and 70s, John Player league 40 over format, Gillette Cup 60 over format and the 5 day Championship, The winter break was mid Sept until April with some players going to Oz to ply their trade, Now we have 365 Cricket, Players are realising now that their bodies and the travelling is taking it's toll, The 100 is another format to give fans/people a spectacle and it works, It's a donkey version of the 20/20 but with a mix of different players longer overs ect ect, To have large blocks of scores at the side/bottom of the TV is a distraction...they've just bastardised 20/20.

Someone listening...?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/62426701

But other than that you just love it Alf.......

39 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But other than that you just love it Alf.......

Any cricket involving the Criminals I watch, 20/20 depends on my mood or what other sport is on at the time, As a kid I'd go onto the Racecourse, Go behind the scoreboard and climb the fence, Then sit in the old Grandstand on the wooden seats, As I got older, We'd drink in the Grandstand pub and walk through?

I can't turn the clock back, There's so much loot involved in sport, And sportsmen and women are chasing the rainbow, Interesting to see/read Lizelle Lee quit international cricket due to her weight, But is chasing the female 100 as she needs the money.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/62394578

Remember Colin Milburn? he'd would have been frog marched to a sauna and given cabbage soup for lunch.