Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

Not sure why the coach never selected him too but we do have good options in that role !!

He injured his ankle against Notts in the game before the T20’s started. I wonder if he was in line to be in the team before that. It is a surprise that he’s not played at all.

15 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Yorkie Puds are the first team through, beating the well fancied Surrey. A George Scrimshawesque final over from Jordan Thompson to win an incredible game.

And cost me money which I had on surrey to win LOL. Thought it was a dead banker start of the last over. The catch on the boundary .... wow

49 minutes ago, rammieib said:

And cost me money which I had on surrey to win LOL. Thought it was a dead banker start of the last over. The catch on the boundary .... wow

Was sure they’d win the whole way through, even when they were going slow, always back the batting team if they’ve  got good batsmen at the crease. Great bowling but Surrey made a bit of a mess of it with the Overton run out and leaving Evans stranded at the non strikers end.

Thats where I like the new rule of a new Batman comes out and goes on strike. You can’t just hit the ball up in the air with no risk because you just want to get the non strike batsman on strike anymore.

49 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Was sure they’d win the whole way through, even when they were going slow, always back the batting team if they’ve  got good batsmen at the crease. Great bowling but Surrey made a bit of a mess of it with the Overton run out and leaving Evans stranded at the non strikers end.

Thats where I like the new rule of a new Batman comes out and goes on strike. You can’t just hit the ball up in the air with no risk because you just want to get the non strike batsman on strike anymore.

I didn't realise that new rule had come into force. Shows how much/little attention I've been paying.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

George Scrimshaw has been selected to play for the Welsh Fire in that 100 rubbish.

Great news for him.

Might just be me but he will get smashed around the place in that tourny although I don’t see him being starting 11.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Might just be me but he will get smashed around the place in that tourny although I don’t see him being starting 11.

It's you ??

Seriously though, I don't watch it, do they just swing at every delivery? Do they have powerplays? Don't bowl him in those. His pace and bowling short of a length means he's always going concede runs at times, but its edges flying to the boundary more than being “smashed around” and he bowls wicket taking deliveries that will get anyone out. You're more likely to get success taking wickets than trying to be economical.

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

It's you ??

Seriously though, I don't watch it, do they just swing at every delivery? Do they have powerplays? Don't bowl him in those. His pace and bowling short of a length means he's always going concede runs at times, but its edges flying to the boundary more than being “smashed around” and he bowls wicket taking deliveries that will get anyone out. You're more likely to get success taking wickets than trying to be economical.

You’re right, I don’t watch it either but based on the fact they do attract decent players, he’d be bowling to world class batters constantly. I’m not sure that’s his game…

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

You’re right, I don’t watch it either but based on the fact they do attract decent players, he’d be bowling to world class batters constantly. I’m not sure that’s his game…

I think the way he bowls will trouble anyone when he gets it right. One thing he probably does need to improve is more variation and being able to bowl good pitched up deliveries.

2 hours ago, rad1919 said:

Hi all. I want to get to some 50 over games this year and was wondering where the best place to sit for the best view/access to food and drink etc is at the County Ground? 

Any help much appreciated!

You can sit anywhere you want once in the ground,apart from members area which is the old pavilion  your not given a specific seat

3 hours ago, rad1919 said:

Hi all. I want to get to some 50 over games this year and was wondering where the best place to sit for the best view/access to food and drink etc is at the County Ground? 

Any help much appreciated!

I'd say the temporary permanent stand between the old Pavilion and the Boundary Bar. That will be behind the bowlers arm. However if you want to go to the bar every 45 minutes that may be a pain, so maybe the terrace (side on view ) in front of the new timber clad pavilion ,may be better. 

Maybe try moving around on your first visit and see where you like. 

p.s. you can take your own booze into 50 over games.