Have some of the players given up already?

simmoram1995

After hearing Curtis Davies’s post match interview after the Blackburn game the most concerning thing implied was a lack of effort on the training ground. 

After watching the game yesterday I can agree to an extent , players not playing for each other , stupid mistakes , poor communication, a captain that prefers to start a fight then be a leader and a totally disjointed performance.

it’s incredibly sad watching the game yesterday but there has to be brave decisions by Wayne for Millwall.

starting with Forsyth being dropped or switching to a back three , Festy coming in , Sibley in and if anything I’d drop Lawrence and give the captaincy to Davies.

27 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Forsyth being dropped

Arbitrary but I can see there’s an argument for Buchanan over Fozzie. However it wasn’t long ago Fozzie was being heralded as one of our top performers and mr consistent….he was poor last night but I’m not sure Buchanan was much of an improvement second half. 

switching to a back three

Again, I can see the merits. It possibly suits what we have available but for me it would be Stearman, who I think has been grossly underused, that comes in. In fact even sticking with a 4 I’d freshen up with Stearman in anyway possibly to give Jags a rest.

Festy coming in

If Festy is to start he has to start as a full back or wing back. If he’s to Play further forward then it suits to be coming on late in games as an impact. Technically he’s really not very good in attacking areas. His strength is clearly pace and direct running. His combination play and link up play is quite poor further up the pitch. 

Sibley in

I’m not convinced by the Sibley love in. I’m not saying he doesn’t have potential but for me he hasn’t shown enough in the copious opportunities he’s had. It’s no good saying he hasn’t played his preferred position. Pre season he didn’t stand out over Hutchinson or Watson yet got starts in the league ahead of both. In the Salford and Sheffield games he didnt out perform either again yet got more opportunities. He simply hasn’t effected games and has scored 1 goal and had no assists in 12 appearances….

drop Lawrence

Lawrence, as poor as some think he was last night showed to have created 3 goal scoring chances. That was more than any other player. My feeling is he should do more. But I’m also of the opinion that many peoples opinions are clouded by misguided perception.

give the captaincy to Davies

Agreed. Should’ve been a no brainer and one wonders what the driver was behind Lawrence getting the arm band. 

On 04/11/2021 at 10:00, simmoram1995 said:

After hearing Curtis Davies’s post match interview after the Blackburn game the most concerning thing implied was a lack of effort on the training ground. 

After watching the game yesterday I can agree to an extent , players not playing for each other , stupid mistakes , poor communication, a captain that prefers to start a fight then be a leader and a totally disjointed performance.

it’s incredibly sad watching the game yesterday but there has to be brave decisions by Wayne for Millwall.

starting with Forsyth being dropped or switching to a back three , Festy coming in , Sibley in and if anything I’d drop Lawrence and give the captaincy to Davies.

No. They haven't given up.