What's your favourite blatant corporate lie?

Bob The Badger

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Its mostly to give 'meat and two veg' people a clue as to what they are buying. ? I've been a vegetarian a long time so can read between the lines. 'Pea protein burger' doesn't sound appetising, but some of them are quite tasty and some have a texture like cheap meat! Familiarity is no doubt important to some people too. 

Yeah I get that.  I still find it annoys me even though I'm one of those meat and two veg guys but one who also likes a spot of veggie too ?

19 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Yep, a sausage can be any meat so it needs a descriptor of what meat is in it.  But a sausage is meat only, not veggie. So if it's not got any meat in it, it's not a sausage. 

A burger is defined as meat (normally beef) or another product in a flat round shape so call it by what it's made of, not what it's not made of. Beef burger, lamb burger, bean burger, soya burger.  Not "No Beef" burger. 

Do you work for a local council by any chance?

20 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Its mostly to give 'meat and two veg' people a clue as to what they are buying. ? I've been a vegetarian a long time so can read between the lines. 'Pea protein burger' doesn't sound appetising, but some of them are quite tasty and some have a texture like cheap meat! Familiarity is no doubt important to some people too. 

Yeah, I’d like to eat more meat free stuff, but I don’t really like vegetables much. So when I see a sausage that describes itself as a delicious mix of mushroom and asparagus, I won’t touch that with a barge pole. Just like I wouldn’t eat an actual sausage if you told me it was made of pig anus and lips. Just tell me it’s a sausage, I’ll pretty much eat anything as long as it’s sausage shaped. 

And linking that with corporate lies, the menu descriptions in posh restaurants. This pudding comes with an orange sauce (or ‘jus’), I’m expecting ladles full of the stuff poured over like custard, it’s literally 3 little orange dots around the edge of the plate. 

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Yeah, I’d like to eat more meat free stuff, but I don’t really like vegetables much. So when I see a sausage that describes itself as a delicious mix of mushroom and asparagus, I won’t touch that with a barge pole. Just like I wouldn’t eat an actual sausage if you told me it was made of pig anus and lips. Just tell me it’s a sausage, I’ll pretty much eat anything as long as it’s sausage shaped. 

And linking that with corporate lies, the menu descriptions in posh restaurants. This pudding comes with an orange sauce (or ‘jus’), I’m expecting ladles full of the stuff poured over like custard, it’s literally 3 little orange dots around the edge of the plate. 

must get my eyes checked - read that as "ladies" full of the stuff - ooh err!!