Luke Varney

Day

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Luke Varney is seeking a permanent switch to Blackpool FC after admitting the last thing he wants to do is return to Derby County.

The striker has highly impressed in his first two Premier League outings since making his season-long loan switch from the Championship club.

Speaking to the Blackpool Gazette, the 27-year-old said: "I'm not preparing to go back to Derby. I would love to make this a permanent move, whatever league the club is in next season, because it is a great place and is where I want to be. The spirit around the camp is fantastic.

"Obviously to stay in this league would be better for me and the club would grow further. That's my aim and the aim of everyone here. It's something I want to be a part of."

Is that a hint about the spirit at Derby ?

yeah,Campbell doesnt score does he? He and varney have scored goals in the championship and the premier league.The two of them are better than what we have now.

And I wasnt keen on Campbell before he came to Derby.

Varney cant be blamed for hating Derby County.He has not been given a chance here.

yeah,Campbell doesnt score does he? He and varney have scored goals in the championship and the premier league.The two of them are better than what we have now.

And I wasnt keen on Campbell before he came to Derby.

Varney cant be blamed for hating Derby County.He has not been given a chance here.

agree with this

• 4 weeks later...

Derby County striker Luke Varney could be on the move in January if a bigger club comes in with an offer.

The 28-year old has been a hit during his loan spell with Blackpool but could be sold to another team in the next transfer window as there is a clause on his contract.

Blackpool have an option to take Varney permanently for £500,000 but Derby are sure to hold out for a better deal from another club if any come in the New Year’s sales.

The Rams are hoping to get him off their books and will be looking for a deal to come through otherwise are likely to settle for their pre-arrangement with Blackpool.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/varney-could-be-move-blackpool-1176331

Derby County striker Luke Varney could be on the move in January if a bigger club comes in with an offer.

The 28-year old has been a hit during his loan spell with Blackpool but could be sold to another team in the next transfer window as there is a clause on his contract.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/varney-could-be-move-blackpool-1176331

Is this the same clause that is in every loan deal that a player can be recalled in order to be transferred permanently to a different club.

This is hardly news at all really. The £500,000 fee is a bit lower than I was expecting though - but I guess that seeing as we wnat rid and Blackpool know that then its all we could expect.

I wonder if it is DCFC leaking the details of the arrangemnet with Blackpool to try and encourage bids. Some will say it must b eus doing ti because we are skint and need to raise funds. I think it is us doing it because we have seen a chance to get more than we agreed with Blackpool - sensible given Varney's form.

Archived