Luke Varney

Day

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it doesn't, Clough is contacting clubs looking to bring in a striker and we still have options.

Commons could play up top with Martin on the left.

Doyle could play up top with Martin on the left.

We've got the youngster Ball that can come in if needed.

It's for one game, not the season.

The only season-long effect is the amount of wages we won't have to pay.

I'd personally say, given a choice between paying for an overpaid long-haired midfielder or an overpaid frontman, I'd keep the overpaid frontman - but that's not how Cloughie sees it - and I think we owe him the time to build the team he wants.

Yes pathetic, QPR are a very good team and if we get beat tomorrow it's because they were the better team, not because Clough has got rid of Varney.

Lot's of clubs play each week with players out of position due to injuries or suspensions, look down the A52 where they played a midfielder at left back for half a season and still finished 3rd.

No it's not ideal playing a left back up front but we did against Coventry and if it wasn't for a top notch save from Westwood Moxey would of scored 2 and we would of come away with a respectable draw.

I don't know why I'm even bothering to be honest, Clough know's what's going at the club regarding the players and I trust his judgement.

If that's what you think fine, not going to try and change your mind. I think your a negtive wrist slasher that will never be happy supporting Derby and would be better off at Man Utd or Chelsea. All opinions at the end of the day.

It is down right scandalous that we are 3 weeks into the season and we dont have a fit striker.The only fit striker we had has been loaned out,to a premiership team.The manager has the option to sign or loan strikers but we are still waiting.(presumably to see who is left available when everyone else has had their pick).For the second week running a defender will be playing upfront.

This is not sunday morning park football.This is serious championship football,which I and thousands of others pay a lot of money to watch.

The manager is responsible for the goings in and out,and for my money he is not up to it.If the funds are not available then he should say so.

Lets see how many turn up tomorrow shall we?

Archived