Luke Varney

Day

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could do but Varney has had a chance to put himself in the shop window for a season, better he's at Blackpool and off the wage bill and playing than sat at Moor Farm twiddling his thumbs.

There's also a chance that he could make a name for himself, slim chance I know but if he went on to score 10+ goals and Blackpool went down, he may think hold on I reckon I could get a contract at a club that's just come into the Premiership.

Either way it's a good deal for Derby.

Not sure how it all works to be honest but he's there for a season and I would imagine the future fee has already been agreed, can we pull out? legally maybe not but we could perhaps nudge nudge wink wink his agent with a little bonus if he refused to move, I highly doubt it as Clough clearly doesn't rate him.

Not sure how it all works to be honest but he's there for a season and I would imagine the future fee has already been agreed, can we pull out? legally maybe not but we could perhaps nudge nudge wink wink his agent with a little bonus if he refused to move, I highly doubt it as Clough clearly doesn't rate him.

But he rates a defender who cant get in the defence a better option up front? You must be on drugs,or Clough is.

Some managers just don't get on with certain players, thats football. Look at Billy buying Earnshaw for £3m+ and sticking him on the bench, it happens.

Varney wasn't even Clough's signing and most questioned the signing when Jewell made it, now he's gone Clough's an fool/idiot, I think what ever he does people will moan he didn't do the other option.

If an offer was coming in Clough acted in the club's best interests by not risking injury, we might not agree and some managers may have handled it differently but Clough didn't.

For the record I think he was right to do what he did, but I wouldn't of played Moxey up front, I would of gone with Martin on the left, Green centre and Doyle right unless Cywka was fit to start with Commons up top.

Clough obviously saw something in training to play Moxey up there, and let's not forget he did play as an attacking left mid at Exeter a few times so playing further up the pitch wasn't totally unatural for him.

If my memory is right he scored 8 goals for Wednesday last year, if you think that is good then ok.

Some people say he played well against cardiff but he hardly had a shot.

He has scored 1 goal in 13 appearances for us, his total records is 50 goals in 208 appearances

Archived