Luke Varney

Day

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well if he aint, and neither are other players of simular ilk, then where is all the wage money going.

You can have 60 players on £3k a week for less than 10ml

Barker was signed from Blackpool though, it's not the Barker's that cost shed loads to employ.

It's your Dean Leacocks signed from Premier League teams that soak of the wages.

Barker was signed from Blackpool though, it's not the Barker's that cost shed loads to employ.

It's your Dean Leacocks signed from Premier League teams that soak of the wages.

I dont think when Leacock joined for a few hundred thousand and not playing a prem game he would have joined on that big money, he has got higher wages with promotion and new contracts since then.

Just seen this on my facebook; "Derby County Luke Varney has admitted he hopes to make his loan move to Premier League newcomers Blackpool from Derby a permanent deal.Blackpool have an agreement to buy Varney for £500,000 at the end of the season and Varney is hopeful that will go through next summer, although Derby do retain an option to sell him to someone else in January. Varney would be happy to stay at the club on a permanent basis."

Anyone else think that's a bit cheap?

We paid £1m for him, was he worth £1m then? I'd say no, did he do anything on loan at Sheff Wednesday to suggest he is worth a million probably not. I'd say given the fact he is clearly not wanted at Derby 500k is a fair price at the moment.

If he can keep up his form at Blackpool then his value should rise a tad, hopefully a few clubs will be interested in January.

We paid £1m for him, was he worth £1m then? I'd say no, did he do anything on loan at Sheff Wednesday to suggest he is worth a million probably not. I'd say given the fact he is clearly not wanted at Derby 500k is a fair price at the moment.

If he can keep up his form at Blackpool then his value should rise a tad, hopefully a few clubs will be interested in January.

They have £500k signing clause at the end of it, but I suspect they would have paid at least that to sign him on loan for the season.

Archived