Derby County Tokens

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

There's usually a fiat pairing you can use to buy tokens. I watched the AC Milan token go up 2000% on it's launch, absolutely gutted I missed out investing in it.

People who invested in Alice token at SHO turned $500 into $170k at 1st day trading high was $40 token now worth $7.

SHO is a strong holder offering whatever that means in the crypto space.

Edited by cstand

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/06/2021 at 11:31, cstand said:

If Derby had a token like BAR would you not not have to buy Etherium first to purchase a Derby token? Also it would have to be stored in a secure wallet with a password which if ever lost the token would be lost for ever so could not be sold or transferred to a family member.?

You don't need to buy Ethereum to buy tokens. The cleverness of the Ethereum blockchain is that it was designed for all this kind of stuff to be built on top of it. It's brilliant to see @loweman2's examples of fan tokens from 40 years ago, and it's a brilliant development that these can now be done through blockchains and decentralized technologies.

You're right that if you lose a hard wallet you have lost your tokens. As cryptos become more commonplace, people are coming to realize the importance of secure wallets and remembering the details (eg the tale of hundreds of millions of pounds worth of Bitcoin in a council dump). I've given various people crypto wallets and designed the security in such a way it won't be forgotten. But if I told you what that was, I'd have to kill you! :D

• 5 months later...