Derby County Tokens

I've seen in the Crypto Currency world that there are 'Fan Tokens' for various different teams arrising including AC Milan and Barcelona. I've included an extract below which details the purpose...but could it offer more things such as ticket priority schemes etc? Would certainly generate some much needed money.

Project Introduction

The FC Barcelona Fan Token (BAR) is a utility token that gives FC Barcelona fans a tokenized share of influence on club decisions using the Socios application and services. The token serves as a membership key that allows users to compete for exclusive rewards, club recognition and more.

BAR is a utility token built on Chiliz Chain, a Proof-of-Authority sidechain built on Ethereum.

BAR token holders can vote via smart contract on various "fan decision" polls published by FC Barcelona. The team is contractually bound to act according to poll results.

BAR Fan Token holders utilize their Fan Token to vote via smart-contract on various “fan decision” polls published by FC Barcelona. The club is contractually bound to act on all binding poll results.

Token holders can interact with the Socios platform (voting on polls, competing in contests and quizzes, connecting/chatting with like-minded users, etc.) and earn rewards, including, matchday tickets, exclusive experiences, cashback offers from official online shops, in-app CHZ bonuses, digital badges, and club-specific NFTs.

Future BAR token utility includes spending BAR tokens to redeem VIP goods and services, integrating BAR access in partnered applications/sites, and staking BAR for NFT rewards.

Key Features and Highlights

Collect fan tokens: Socios.com generates a finite supply of FC Barcelona tokens, blockchain-secured digital assets that give you the right to participate in club surveys. Hunt, Buy or Earn. The more you interact, the more reward points you’ll earn.

Make an impact: When you own Fan Tokens, you join a pool of supporters whose collective decision-making power is absolute. Partner teams will seek your input on club matters by running binding and non-binding polls - binding poll results are an instruction which clubs agree to follow.

Have fun, get rewarded: Fan Tokens will allow you to participate in surveys, access prizes, official products, rankings, games and much more.

14 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

I've seen in the Crypto Currency world that there are 'Fan Tokens' for various different teams arrising including AC Milan and Barcelona. I've included an extract below which details the purpose...but could it offer more things such as ticket priority schemes etc? Would certainly generate some much needed money.

Project Introduction

The FC Barcelona Fan Token (BAR) is a utility token that gives FC Barcelona fans a tokenized share of influence on club decisions using the Socios application and services. The token serves as a membership key that allows users to compete for exclusive rewards, club recognition and more.

BAR is a utility token built on Chiliz Chain, a Proof-of-Authority sidechain built on Ethereum.

BAR token holders can vote via smart contract on various "fan decision" polls published by FC Barcelona. The team is contractually bound to act according to poll results.

BAR Fan Token holders utilize their Fan Token to vote via smart-contract on various “fan decision” polls published by FC Barcelona. The club is contractually bound to act on all binding poll results.

Token holders can interact with the Socios platform (voting on polls, competing in contests and quizzes, connecting/chatting with like-minded users, etc.) and earn rewards, including, matchday tickets, exclusive experiences, cashback offers from official online shops, in-app CHZ bonuses, digital badges, and club-specific NFTs.

Future BAR token utility includes spending BAR tokens to redeem VIP goods and services, integrating BAR access in partnered applications/sites, and staking BAR for NFT rewards.

Collect fan tokens: Socios.com generates a finite supply of FC Barcelona tokens, blockchain-secured digital assets that give you the right to participate in club surveys. Hunt, Buy or Earn. The more you interact, the more reward points you’ll earn.

Make an impact: When you own Fan Tokens, you join a pool of supporters whose collective decision-making power is absolute. Partner teams will seek your input on club matters by running binding and non-binding polls - binding poll results are an instruction which clubs agree to follow.

Have fun, get rewarded: Fan Tokens will allow you to participate in surveys, access prizes, official products, rankings, games and much more.

Or you could go and watch them play football 

We've always talked about fan ownership. I imagine Barcelona will only offer the fans decisions that ultimately the board arnt fussed either way... but still allows them to feel like they've got a say, or where they know or could predict the fans say. But it still let's the fans feel in control by having their vote.

An example could be a vote on us offering Curtis Davies a reduced contract offer. I don't imagine the outcome to be season defining, but it would certainly increase that fan engagement I'd say by having a vote.

I'd certainly buy into it, especially if it allowed other perks such as defining ticket allocation priorities. Ie, instead of having to own a season ticket + away membership, its based on who owns the most amount of Tokens etc... you're still paying the money, just in a different format.

2 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Have to disagree with you on that point, priority tickets should always be given to those of us that could be bothered to drive to Crawley on a wet winters night 

But that's the not the system we have in place at the moment is it? Currently priority is given to those who pay financially by owning a season ticket and away membership... There's no clause that you have actually been to those games. So what's the difference? 

9 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

away membership do so because they are committed to go to the games and support the club

Disagree. You don't need away membership to go to 90% of away games. You're paying more for the opportunity to guarantee tickets to Forest away... rewarding those who pay financially rather than with their time and effort. I'm not against that because DCFC is a business at the end of the day... but my point being it's no different allocating tickets to people who own more of a digital currency.

3 hours ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Project Introduction

Its potentially a very exciting development. I have toyed with idea of buying some Chiliz recently as the basic concept can extend to any sports clubs, all musicians & basically any interest group. Going to grow exponentially in next few years.

From a Derby point of view, I like the idea that greater fan involvement is rewarded with preferential treatment. Definitely could be used for priority ticket allocations but also priority experiences such as meeting players, maybe a kick about at Moor Farm, discounted hospitality, discounted clubwear etc. Of course, this could be traded between fans also as currency & no reason why the club couldn't gain a cut of any currency swaps or sell currency direct to fans (almost like a gift voucher but it being redeemable for anything Derby County related)

Be great to incorporate some club specific decision making too dependant on token account - Barcelona who you've quoted obviously already have a Socio (member) model meaning fans can vote for Presidents etc

Edited by LeedsCityRam

I get that the world's moved on, and I am not part of that (never will be).

But the further we move away from what really matters in football, eleven men each side on that pitch, supported in person, an opportunity to win against the odds and be part of something special, the more I feel that football as we know it will soon be gone forever. VAR, playacting on the field, off field politics and the way that money completely dominates the game. 

Next generation won't need or be able to experience football in the flesh, it will all be virtual reality where only financial input will count as a measure of a fan's loyalty. 

19 hours ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Project Introduction

If Derby had a token like BAR would you not not have to buy Etherium first to purchase a Derby token? Also it would have to be stored in a secure wallet with a password which if ever lost the token would be lost for ever so could not be sold or transferred to a family member.?

16 minutes ago, cstand said:

If Derby had a token like BAR would you not not have to buy Etherium first to purchase a Derby token? Also it would have to be stored in a secure wallet with a password which if ever lost the token would be lost for ever so could not be sold or transferred to a family member.?

There's usually a fiat pairing you can use to buy tokens. I watched the AC Milan token go up 2000% on it's launch, absolutely gutted I missed out investing in it.

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

There's usually a fiat pairing you can use to buy tokens. I watched the AC Milan token go up 2000% on it's launch, absolutely gutted I missed out investing in it.

You could console yourself with the thought that you've saved someone (who might not have much) from giving you all their money to buy a wildly overpriced token from you that subsequently crashes. 

Investment is a zero sum game. You may have just done a good deed. ?