Steve Bloomer is watching Saturday

Curtains

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

What I want to know is why the atmosphere has deteriorated over recent years. That video was taken in 2014 I believe, since then it's just got worse and worse. Sure you have the odd few games where it can be electric, but on the whole we're not generating as much atmosphere as we were.

The atmosphere was so good in 2014 because the team was the best it had been in over a decade. Also, hadn't the home fans only just been moved to the South Stand?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its got worse as the football has. In Frank's year there was bit more again. Last year in particular so many around us were leaving early due to the traffic that even if we won and players came over not many left. At away games that doesnt happen as much. Also I think fair few have have ticket as something to do as a family - near us two families come together - kids fidget throughout and dont seem bothered and probs only 2 of adults look bothered. Weird as lots to pay if you're not that bothered. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure I sang plenty and loudly when I was a kid taken to matches.

I used to sit in the Family area of North Stand. All the kids joined in with Since I was Young, but by the time they picked it up the South Stand had either gone quiet or changed it to something else.

3 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

The Baseball Ground atmosphere will never be equalled.

The design of Pride Park Stadium could have been better -  designed to retain the sound. These modern grounds aren’t intimidating in the way that they used to be. 

Munichs ground is brilliant for sound. Got some weird echo filling so the sound from one end travels down the stadium to the other end then back. Probably cost a crap load to build though.

Archived