Relegation watch

Spanish

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

But look at the last year. This is a team of extremes. 10 wins in 16 to 2 wins in 19 to 8 wins in 16. History tells us that we are probably due a bad run and we ought to brace ourselves.

So far under Rooney, it’s been like an extended honeymoon period. Our ability to handle adversity hasn’t been well and truly tested. How will these players respond if one loss becomes two? Two becomes three? One injury becomes two, and so on.

I get that there's still work to do but I really think you're clutching at straws here. The reason it's been like an 'extended honeymoon period' is because Rooney has the team playing properly now and working hard to get results. I don't believe in the so called new manager bounce. When a manager gets sacked it's usually because the team is playing awful football and losing, like we were under cocu. We've now just reverted to type. We never were a relegation team. It would be absolutely shocking if Derby were to get relegated, we have enough good players to be well clear.