So who misses our?

Srg

With 6 loanees, and there only being a maximum of 5 in the squad, who’s missing out regularly?

To me, it’s between Edmundson and Baningime. Mengi will have to be in the squad or Man Utd wouldn’t let him come here, Roberts is a certainty and Gregory is our other striker option with JHI gone. Clarke is obviously going to continue playing  

Shame we couldn’t have found a way to make one of them permanent, especially with a couple of them out of contract anyway in the summer. Positive though, is that I don’t think any of them are out of the realms of returning next season either on loan or permanent (funds permitting). 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Srg said:

With 6 loanees, and there only being a maximum of 5 in the squad, who’s missing out regularly?

To me, it’s between Edmundson and Baningime. Mengi will have to be in the squad or Man Utd wouldn’t let him come here, Roberts is a certainty and Gregory is our other striker option with JHI gone. Clarke is obviously going to continue playing  

Shame we couldn’t have found a way to make one of them permanent, especially with a couple of them out of contract anyway in the summer. Positive though, is that I don’t think any of them are out of the realms of returning next season either on loan or permanent (funds permitting). 

I think it'll be one of the CB's. If we start with three at the back, I'd assume Wisdom to be one of them. In that case we have to have BB on the bench if the chosen tactic needs a change.

Against Braga Edmundson played left side of a back three. I think he's cover for Clarke, so most likely him. I think Rooney would be keen to get Baningime match fit asap by giving him minutes here and there because we're short in midfield now.

It’ll be one of the CB’s I’d imagine. You only need two starting and one on the bench, so assuming Clarke and Wisdom are always in the squad, you’d only need one of the two. Beningime will always be needed at least as cover for CDM, and Gregory will always be involved as your striker off the bench. Would imagine Roberts will become first choice on the RW as well, so he’ll be playing regularly.

Archived